1st and 2nd Running Board Brackets

AA Ford Discussion Group relating to the repair and restoration of your AA Ford.
Jared275
Body Type: dUMP
Model Year: 1928

1st and 2nd Running Board Brackets

Post by Jared275 »

Does anyone know the differance between the 1st and 2nd running board brackets. I have 2 pairs of new model a running board brackets, and am wondering whether I can modify a pair to work as 2nd running board brackets. (by 1st I mean closest to the engine, and 2nd would be the next one back)
J0eitall
Body Type: Rack
Model Year: 1930

Re: 1st and 2nd Running Board Brackets

Post by J0eitall »

The first is supposed to be the same as an A the second bracket is a inch longer about and it has a different angel to it. Search for an article on running board brackets I asked the same question a wile ago. There's a picture of the differences.

Hope it helps.
Jared275
Body Type: dUMP
Model Year: 1928

Post by Jared275 »

Thanks J0eitall, much appreciated
Kanc
Body Type: wrecker
Model Year: 1929

Post by Kanc »

I just experienced a similar running board bracket dilemma. I purchased repro brackets, as my originals were broken. I noticed that all of the repro brackets were the same length, however the original brackets were almost a half inch longer. Then I measured an extra cast iron bracket which was even longer still. Using the repro brackets, I had to use washers under the frame mounting holes to get the proper angle. Because the the repro brackets were shorter, I had to reposition the splash apron slightly. If anyone has an unmodified late '29 or very early '30, I would like to know the length of their brackets, both front and rear.
spdway1

Post by spdway1 »

See this thread, it has more info and pictures! 8)

http://forums.aa-fords.com/viewtopic.ph ... ets#p20540