28-29 aa floormat

AA Ford Discussion Group relating to the repair and restoration of your AA Ford.
Ford Truck Nut
Model Year: 1928

28-29 aa floormat

Post by Ford Truck Nut »

I emailed brattons about a truck mat for the 28-29 with the daul high and the left hand emergency brake and they said they were not going to do anymore.

I emailed them back and asked if there was enough interest would they do it.

so my question it, Who and how many people would be interested in one or two mats?

I know i would be interested in one or two, and a few others said they would too.
IF you are a COMMITTED and would purchase one please say so here so i can see if we can get a run made. when we see how many are committed to buy i will send the list to brattons and then the committed can send there payment to them
I really hope this works out, this will great for all restorers
Last edited by Ford Truck Nut on August 28th, 2014, 8:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
"Bear Down, try Hard, and never quit, NEVER"
Tuff Headman
markt
Body Type: 188a

Re: 28-29 aa floormat

Post by markt »

I would take at least 1 add my name to the list of people that would order.
Thanks, Mark
ModelAkid
Body Type: 186-B stake
Model Year: 1931

Post by ModelAkid »

If Bratton's is not interested in getting any more mats of that type, perhaps they would be nice enough to tell you where they were getting them before and you could order a batch direct from the manufacturer yourself. It would no doubt be cheaper to cut out the middle-man also.
Question: I had a '28 AA with a left hand emergency brake and the build date was 11-17-28. The brake change in cars was done by June '28, so I guess Henry was using up the remaining stock of old brake parts on the AA's. Who has the AA with the left brake lever with the newest firewall date?
Neil Wilson
Body Type: 82-A/89-A
Model Year: 1930

Post by Neil Wilson »

I have yet to see a 1928 AA with emergency brakes. I have a December 1928 chassis which still has the left side hand brake.
Regards, Neil Wilson
Body Type: 89A
Model Year: 1929

Post by Ulysses6 »

Neil Wilson wrote:I have yet to see a 1928 AA with emergency brakes. I have a December 1928 chassis which still has the left side hand brake.
My 2/7/29 dated chassis has the left side hand brake. As for the floor mats, I spoke to Jeff at Bratton's in January and he had a dozen 30/31 starburst pattern mats made with no cutouts. The cost was $75. At the same time, he had a request in for 28/29 pyramid pattern no cutout mats to be made, but I did not hear anything more from him.
ModelAkid

Post by ModelAkid »

Neil Wilson wrote:I have yet to see a 1928 AA with emergency brakes. I have a December 1928 chassis which still has the left side hand brake.
Emergency brake and parking brake have become interchangeable terms but maybe emergency brake is the wrong term for the Model A era, even though it could be used as an "emergency brake". With some of my old unrestored A's I have found the emergency/parking brake to be a useful addition to braking ability in some situations.
ModelAkid

Post by ModelAkid »

[/quote]My 2/7/29 dated chassis has the left side hand brake. As for the floor mats, I spoke to Jeff at Bratton's in January and he had a dozen 30/31 starburst pattern mats made with no cutouts. The cost was $75. At the same time, he had a request in for 28/29 pyramid pattern no cutout mats to be made, but I did not hear anything more from him.[/quote]

Wow still the left side brake lever in Feb '29! I would not have guessed it went on that long. Any other entries?
gunmetal 2
Body Type: 82-A

Post by gunmetal 2 »

Good luck I am trying to get Snyder's to sale the floor mat with no holes cut in it.
Ford Truck Nut

Post by Ford Truck Nut »

I have emailed brattons and this is my reply

To be honest I am really not sure. The only way I would do this is if they were all sold and I had at least a 50% non-refundable deposit. An idea of the price The 30-31 style came it at about $70 per mat, so I would expect the 28-29 to be a similar price.

Jeffrey A. Kichilne

I know i would be interested in one or two, and a few others said they would too.
IF you are a COMMITTED and would purchase one please say so here so i can see if we can get a run made. when we see how many are committ to buy i will send the list to brattons and then the committed can send there payment to them
John
"Bear Down, try Hard, and never quit, NEVER"
Tuff Headman
Ulysses6
Body Type: 89A

Post by Ulysses6 »

Ford Truck Nut wrote:I have emailed brattons and this is my reply

To be honest I am really not sure. The only way I would do this is if they were all sold and I had at least a 50% non-refundable deposit. An idea of the price The 30-31 style came it at about $70 per mat, so I would expect the 28-29 to be a similar price.

Jeffrey A. Kichilne

IF you are a COMMITTED and would purchase one please say so here so i can see if we can get a run made. when we see how many are committ to buy i will send the list to brattons and then the committed can send there payment to them
John
plus 1
flatford39
Body Type: Express

Post by flatford39 »

Ford Truck Nut wrote:I have emailed brattons and this is my reply

Jeffrey A. Kichilne

John

I will take one also.
gunmetal 2
Body Type: 82-A

Post by gunmetal 2 »

Call Snyder's 1-888-262-5712 they will give a time they will have them or they already do. They will be with no holes in them.