Metal man needed

AA Ford Discussion Group relating to the repair and restoration of your AA Ford.
Chris Haynes
Body Type: 82A
Model Year: 1930

Metal man needed

Post by Chris Haynes »

I had my Early '30 AA cab out being restored by a fantastic metal man. Sadly he was killed in a bicycle accident after he had it completely torn down. Now I am looking for someone who can finish the job. The body is mostly solid meta,l the lower part of the cowl is rusty. A few extra holes and cracks here and there. The doors have rust in the inside of the bottom. Of course the doors have a few dents here and there. I loaded up all the parts of it I could find or recognize. Hopefully I got it all. Can I find someone within 1,000 miles of Los Angeles to finish the job?
SHELBY MESSER
Body Type: 75-A

Re: Metal man needed

Post by SHELBY MESSER »

DSCN0055.JPG
DSCN0055.JPG (134.67 KiB) Viewed 6498 times
Sorry to hear about your metal man Chris, Shelby here, I met you at a flee market in the spring. I would love to repair, straighten and put your cab back together for you. but I have a problem also. I haven't got my shop built yet. You have seen my Building a shop in my back yard in Sacramento SIMPLE ? Well what you see is all I have. I don't have a place that I could put it. But if you can't find some by the time i can get my shop I will be glad to help. I'll be posting under "AA Club House" on my progress. Keep in touch either here or there :D Shelby,Sacramento
P2030041.JPG
P2030041.JPG (92.19 KiB) Viewed 6497 times
This is a before and after E-1931

It painted greenhttp://forums.aa-fords.com/download/file.php?mode=view&id=6802 was took on Friday the day before I left Louisiana on Saterday :cry:
Attachments
DSCN0926.JPG
DSCN0926.JPG (135.69 KiB) Viewed 6494 times
Last edited by SHELBY MESSER on December 5th, 2016, 4:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Chris Haynes

Post by Chris Haynes »

I can wait. But HURRY! :-)
SHELBY MESSER

Post by SHELBY MESSER »

This is a believe it or not. When I started this project I remove a couple of bondo and plenty of fiber-glass tons of rust and no metal at all. There was no place on the body that was not bent. The sun visor was even bent and covered with dondo . Ordered a mew sun visor, but did not use it. I straighten the ole visor and it looked must better than the replacement. Ordered new replacement panels, most would not fit so I made my own. The ones I used I had to cut up re weld and shape. The Green E'31 coupe body is 100% free of bondo and fiber glass. I bought 1 qrt. of metal to metal (aluminum body filler, the best for this) for this project. Used less than that, about a pint on the whole body. I came up on a way to get all the dent and dangs out with per-fit contours. I have pictures from start to the green body :D :D :) :) :( I could finish :!: Shelby, Sacramento
Hardhatz
Body Type: Dump
Model Year: 1931

Post by Hardhatz »

Great job Shelby!

Do you happen to do cab wood?
I've got a '35 International that needs the wood redone...

Chris, Marcel De Ley in Corona is very good.
SHELBY MESSER

Post by SHELBY MESSER »

Hello Chris, no I'm not into the wood working. It's kinda simple, full of head scratching. I think that your best bet would be to find and older cabinet maker to do your wood. They can make anything out of would except (granite) your cabinet makers may can BUT don't have the experience. venture out, ask around, you should be able to locate someone :!: Hope this helps. Shelby, Sacramento
Last edited by SHELBY MESSER on December 21st, 2016, 10:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
Chris Haynes

Post by Chris Haynes »

I didn't ask about wood. I have the wood kits already.
SHELBY MESSER

Post by SHELBY MESSER »

:? :? :? :? :roll: :?: Who has the '35 Int. that needs wood redone,Hardhatz or Chris H. Shelby, Sacramento :?: