Square head bolts and square nuts

AA Ford Discussion Group relating to the repair and restoration of your AA Ford.
rsierk
Body Type: 185-B
Model Year: 1931

Square head bolts and square nuts

Post by rsierk »

Here is a post of interest from a tractor hobbyist forum. I have not personally bought any of their goods. One thing that is neat is they have icons on their home page that say "no hex", "no Phillips" and "no zinc". A place with guts like that needs our support!:
I found a website that I have used for new square head black iron nuts and bolts along with carriage bolts, flat and lock washers. The quality has been excellent, pricing is reasonable, and minimum order on most items is only 10 pieces. These are all square headed bolts and nuts that to me, look just like original pieces. He has many other attaching items such as rivets, lags,, etc.. Dick has been fantastic and orders from Portland Oregon to Massachusetts have come extremely fast. His web site is: [url]www.blacksmithbolt.com[/url]
flatford39
Body Type: Express
Model Year: 1928

Re: Square head bolts and square nuts

Post by flatford39 »

I emailed Dick and asked what country of origin his fasteners come from. He emailed me right back and explained that he carries alot of NOS fasteners but also finds these NOS fasteners in countries like Japan etc. that we helped out after WWII. That's fine with me as this guty is recovering US made items that were exported to emerging countries. They would be correct pieces and very good quality. He also went on to explain that the new fasteners he sells are manufactured in either China or Taiwan.

I thanked him for his honesty & will keep him on record for NOS fasteners.

Don't mean to start anything here, but in todays economy wouldn't it be cool to find a US company re-manufacturing these items and creating the jobs etc. that goes along with it.

Tom
russ
Body Type: 82a
Model Year: 1930

Re: Square head bolts and square nuts

Post by russ »

Like you said Tom, i don't want to start anything either so i'll just say yup, that sure would be cool. 8)
Everybody likes pics.