New Guy:

AA Ford Discussion Group relating to the repair and restoration of your AA Ford.
modelatruck
Model Year: 1931

New Guy:

Post by modelatruck »

Hi everybody, I just registered and have 1930 Coupe and a 1925 T Roadster.
I'm wanting to buy a 30-31 AA with either a dump or stake bed in good enough condition to use, not needing major restoration. I currently been using a our 1955 F-600 for our light duty farm use, yard work, etc, but have trouble keeping the brakes up on it due to inactivity, just thinking a double A won't have that problem.I would also consider swaping the 55( we bought it new) :? for a decent AA.
I'm in Central Illinois,so about a 300mi. radius is my travel limit.
steve s.
Body Type: BB204A
Model Year: 1932

Re: New Guy:

Post by steve s. »

Hello New Guy, I have a 1932 BB dump that I use around the farm, and it is a lot of fun. The brakes never leak or loose air pressure, but they do provide some interesting moments when they just don't seem to want to slow me down. My brakes could use some attention, so don't be discouraged by my experience, find yourself an AA and have some fun with it. Steve
Chip Watford
Body Type: grain bed
Model Year: 1929

Re: New Guy:

Post by Chip Watford »

I too am new to this forum and I 'm trying to learn as much info as I can.I have aquired a '29 AA with a grain bed and pto driven blower under the bed.I presume to blow grain in a silo.I am going to pick the truck up after Christmas and will try to post some pics.I'm sure to have many questions.Thanks,Chip Watford