Brackets on the Frame.

AA Ford Discussion Group relating to the repair and restoration of your AA Ford.
Brady
Body Type: None
Model Year: 1930

Re: Brackets on the Frame.

Post by Brady »

Nice looking project Farrell - wish you the best with it.
Stakebed
Body Type: Grainbox
Model Year: 1929

Post by Stakebed »

clean pic of my frame (forgot i had this pic).

what other body styles would have the long splash aprons and running boards and rear fenders but not be a platform/stakebed?

Ive been told this truck used to deliver milk and was purchased from the dairy by my great grandfather. Rockmoss green cab and black fenders/running boards.

it could be possible that this had a different bed but not sure why my relatives would go thru the effort of finding and correctly putting on a ford bed...or go thru the trouble of removing the proper brackets from the frame and leaving the ones attached to the wood...
gunmetal 2
Body Type: 82-A

Post by gunmetal 2 »

If your talking about the L bracket I think you are its for you to bolt the running board splash aprons to the frame.
gunmetal 2
Body Type: 82-A

Post by gunmetal 2 »

E-mail me at 1929oldlady@gmail.com and I will send you pics of my 29 that has them brackets on the frame.
Gary ohb
Body Type: 82b
Model Year: 1931

Post by Gary ohb »

When I took apart my 31' AA's I thought that bracket was for the long running board aprons to attach to. Both my trucks had long aprons and running boards, one had dual wheels.