Hello from Norway!

AA Ford Discussion Group relating to the repair and restoration of your AA Ford.
Leiv
Body Type: Truck
Model Year: 1931

Hello from Norway!

Post by Leiv »

New member to the forum! This is my AA that I bought some days ago. It has a local history, and it is nearly complete. It has been stored in a barn since late 50's. The engine turns over, and I want to restore it mechanically but keep the old "patina" on body, fenders and so on. I have restored some A's and one AA, but good original cars are hard to find here in Norway. My car-collecion is 6 model A-Fords, a Chenard Walcker 1913 and a Northern 1903.
AAfront.JPG
AAfront.JPG (69.83 KiB) Viewed 4572 times
AAmedDjango.JPG
AAmedDjango.JPG (64.21 KiB) Viewed 4572 times
AAbakfra.JPG
AAbakfra.JPG (76.67 KiB) Viewed 4574 times
rollingsculpture
Body Type: platform

Re: Hello from Norway!

Post by rollingsculpture »

wow great stuff looks like youve got more than a running start at it ,ive got a 31 that has the same cab color and a platform on the back , congrats on the find and keep us informed on the progress!

enjoy the project

Mike
Leiv

Post by Leiv »

I'll keep the forum informed. Here's my other AA. It's also a 31, but earlier. This car doesn't have the indented firewall, and the condition before restoration was very bad. It was a lot of work on this car.. But it has an interesting history. During the war and up to the 60's it was a wrecker, but when I got it the towingsystem was missing. I have a Norwegianbuilt tip-system for the bed, run by the power takeoff on the gearbox.
Haugsjaalasten.JPG
Haugsjaalasten.JPG (78.69 KiB) Viewed 4536 times
Haugsjaalasten2.JPG
Haugsjaalasten2.JPG (79.65 KiB) Viewed 4537 times
E.Moore
Model Year: 1930

Post by E.Moore »

Both are absolutely beautiful...so is the german shepherd.
Leiv

Post by Leiv »

The dog is a "Norwegian Elkhound" :)
E.Moore

Post by E.Moore »

Do you know which manufacturing plant your trucks came from? Are either of them GAZ AA's from the Gorky Automobile Manufacturing outside of Moscow?

Where was the closest Model A assembly plant to Norway and are there GAZ and European made AA's the most commonly found, versus ones made in the USA?
Leiv

Post by Leiv »

Most of the model A's in Norway are US built, but many of them are put together at the Ford plant in Copenhagen, Denmark. The cars were shipped in "knocked down" version from the US, unpainted and the trucks had the bed's made locally. Bodymakers here in Norway did also make bodies om commercial chassis' , A and AA.
I don't know of any GAZ AA in Norway, and I've been in the model A hobby since early 70's. But we've had a lot of model A's here with right hand steering and fender-lamps. Most of these cars are made in England.
I also have a 31 Deluxe Tudor, and this car is probably made in Denmark. The upholstery is different from the US Deluxe Tudor, and it doesn't have the woodgrain on the dashboard and adjustable drivers seat.
E.Moore

Post by E.Moore »

Leiv, Please send me an email so I can ask some questions: aaford157@nosford.com
steve s.
Body Type: BB204A
Model Year: 1932

Post by steve s. »

Hello Leiv,

You have two very nice looking trucks. I am partial to unrestored trucks, so I am pleased to hear that you will maintain the original patina on your new AA. Congratulations on your find and good luck with it. Happy New Year, Steve