Chassis Numbers

AA Ford Discussion Group relating to the repair and restoration of your AA Ford.
perlad
Model Year: 1930

Chassis Numbers

Post by perlad »

I'm relatively new to AA's. Can anyone help figure out the date of manufacture of my AA chassis by the frame number? The frame number is AA 4317561. I need the date of manufacture to detirmine which body I need to reconstruct for my AA Mail Truck chassis. I think it's a '31 based on other factors, but different bodies (and sources) were used depending on the date the chassis' were made available to the postal department.

Thanks in advance,

Dan Perla
Augusta, GA
Chris Bradshaw

Chassis Number

Post by Chris Bradshaw »

Dan,

I'm relatively new with A /AA's but I do have a sheet here that tells year and month of manufacture by serial number for the engines.

I can't get you a day of the month, but according to your number, your engine was manufactured during February of 1931.

There is a "disclaimer" here on the sheet that says because of excess engine production a Model A or AA could have an engine manufactured
2 to 3 months earlier than the chassis.

So your February 1931 engine could be resting in a chassis assembled anywhere from February to April of 1931.

I hope this helps some and I hope the Postal Trucks didn't change during that February to April 1931.

Bradshaw
kenny
Model Year: 1930

I got one to

Post by kenny »

I have a 32 aa mail truck the wood is all gone but I was able to find some prints from another mail truck owner. some day it will look good. but there will be alot of work. do you have the wood body or are you going to start from scratch? If you are starting from scratch and don't have all your measurements I might be able to help. sorry I don't know about your number but I wanted to let you know I have one to maybe we could swamp some info.
Kenny