1930 aa progress

AA Ford Discussion Group relating to the repair and restoration of your AA Ford.
Bender
Model Year: 1930

1930 aa progress

Post by Bender »

so i've been busy on the AA.. i've given myself a deadline of driving in the
st paddys day parade
i just got the truck....well a bunch of pieces of a truck anyway the end of october and it went from bare metal to painted in the last couple of weeks..
i can't wait to drive it
jeff
Attachments
truk2.jpg
truk2.jpg (48.07 KiB) Viewed 2739 times
truk1.jpg
truk1.jpg (44.03 KiB) Viewed 2739 times
truk3.jpg
truk3.jpg (42.5 KiB) Viewed 2738 times
Drew Mashburn

Re: 1930 aa progress

Post by Drew Mashburn »

Jeff:

Not long ago, you were having difficulties with the rear axel pads on your truck. You thought something might have been bent. From the photos, looks as if you must have corrected the problem. What did it wind up being and how did you make the correction(s)?

You're truck is looking pretty decent. Good for you, Buddy!

-- Drew
Drew Mashburn
steve s.
Body Type: BB204A
Model Year: 1932

Post by steve s. »

Jeff,
Your truck looks great, and very impressive against that spotless white building and floor. And I do mean spotless, Even with a fresh new engine my truck tends to leave its mark under the rear main. Does your truck have oil in it ? Steve
Bender

Post by Bender »

it does have oil it it and i've seen a drop or two on the floor but i try to keep it clean. i have to paint outside but it's nice to have my own little space at work for the AA

as far as the axle .....the axle pads were both rusted solid to the axle... and the right side brace or wishbone was bent long ago.. once i got it all free and smooth and greased up again it was closer.. the right side pad is still a bit forward of center and i belive the spring stack was moved a litttle when the wishbone was bent.. i measured the axle and frame and its square and centered and the axle rotates smoothly in the pads so im running it like it is for now. i may pull the spring apart and look at it after everything else is done but it looks like it works right. the right wishbone won't even bolt back on because it was stretched. i'm going to cut it and bolt both ends on and straighten and reweld.

thanks
jeff