hot water cab heaters

AA Ford Discussion Group relating to the repair and restoration of your AA Ford.
smilebigtt
Body Type: flatbed
Model Year: 1930

hot water cab heaters

Post by smilebigtt »

My truck has a hot water cab heater. Would that have been avaliable from Ford or was that an aftermarket add on? I can't decide to leave it in or not. I don't plan to drive the truck during cold weather and it does take up alot of the riders foot room. But I can just see my wife complaining about being cold some fall morning on the way to a car show. :(
REM

Re: hot water cab heaters

Post by REM »

That would be an after market heater.
It really depends on what you plan for the truck but personally if it were mine I would leave it if it could be made to look nice and work properly.
There were many after market inprovements made for the A & AA's as Henry left a lot of room for luxury improvements.
I think many of them seem to be as much a part of the old vehicles history as what was factory installed.
On the other hand. For accurate restoration or a show vehicle it would be best left out and returned to Henry original.
smilebigtt
Body Type: flatbed

Post by smilebigtt »

thank you. tt
Rosenkranswa

Post by Rosenkranswa »

You don't see many of the hot water heaters on A's much less AA's. The manifold heater is much more common. I would keep it as a very interesting and possibly rare accessory - makes for interesting conversation at shows...