rusted and blasted wheels

AA Ford Discussion Group relating to the repair and restoration of your AA Ford.
rollingsculpture
Body Type: platform
Model Year: 1931

rusted and blasted wheels

Post by rollingsculpture »

after having spent 3 hours per wheel sandblasting and a couple more welding and grinding my wheels just so they can be usefull for rolling my truck in the shop, i still have to primer paint,and put the new tires on them , now it seems this is a lot to do for wheels that had to be significantly rebuilt (rusted out valve area and mucho pits,just to roll around the shop and light test run when i do get the truck up and running, but i am finding it hard to find replacements . does anyone fabricate replacements and if not would there be a market for them? it seems that it could be done with laser cuting and forming tools, in the industrial fabrication world , any clues?
rollingsculpture

Re: rusted and blasted wheels

so if a replica bud wheel could be made would you buy it and what would you pay ? i know a place to have the laser cut done for the inside hub its the rim and the stamping i need to work out.
spectria
Body Type: Mail Truck, Stakebed

Post by spectria »

I am waiting to hear if you get a response on the idea of manufacturing replica wheels.

If they were perfect, it seems to me you could sell alot of them at $100 a piece (maybe more), as soon as all of the spares out there are gone, which is probably soon.
Dave in Quincy, Ca. I love Pics!!!! Post them All!!! :)
Join the Ford Model AA Truck Club - membership form at http://www.fmaatc.org
rollingsculpture

the ones i find so far as spares seem to go for 100 a piece so i think it would have to be more for a new item if it were to be produced it would be by combining orders and doing limited runs. not unthinkable but would need to do a prototype first to get the costs right.
spectria
Body Type: Mail Truck, Stakebed

Post by spectria »

I'd bet folks would pay $200 each for "New" perfect wheels.
Dave in Quincy, Ca. I love Pics!!!! Post them All!!! :)
Join the Ford Model AA Truck Club - membership form at http://www.fmaatc.org