Info on German Army use of Ford AA Trucks.

AA Ford Discussion Group relating to the repair and restoration of your AA Ford.
dlbauer

Info on German Army use of Ford AA Trucks.

Post by dlbauer »

Hello I am looking for any info or pics of the use of Model AA Ford Trucks by the German Army during WWI. I know Ford had a plant over in Germany and I do have 1 picutre of a AA Ford in a convoy during the invasion of Russia in 1941. Any other info or pics would be great. Thanks in advance. Dan Bauer.
Richard Kinney
Model Year: 1930

russian AA's

Post by Richard Kinney »

hello dlbauer, my dad who passed 13 years ago was a avid model a nut and worshipped henry ford. he bought every book on the man and his cars he could find. he told me more than once that at the beginning of ww-ll the russians began fighting the war on horses. he said that henry gave or sold all the dies to them for the a's to help get them up to speed and thats why the a parts supply for a's had to come from repops or dealer old stock. i could not verify this or know his source but you may try to spot russian insignia in your photo. let me know how it comes out before i tell this story again. most sincere, dick kinney fmaatc member