AA radiator shell on ebay

AA Ford Discussion Group relating to the repair and restoration of your AA Ford.
John - NNY
Model Year: 1930

AA radiator shell on ebay

Post by John - NNY »

Norwich
Body Type: AA ?
Model Year: 1931

Re: AA radiator shell on ebay

Post by Norwich »

A hundred bucks? And all the shinny worn off? Good grief. I guess that's what paint is for.
Chris Haynes
Body Type: 82A

Post by Chris Haynes »

The AA's were painted, not plated. Therefore not shinny. They are also deeper than an A because of the extra row in the radiator.
rollingsculpture
Body Type: platform

Post by rollingsculpture »

ebay can be tricky since you dont get a complete look at what your buying ,which isnt to say dont do it, ive gotten some real bargains and exactly as expected items for my truck , there seems to be a baseline for items available and low and high price points for particular items i actually learned a bit about what things are from the descriptions sellers gave since i didnt grow up with those things and could only wonder what is that for ? watch out for repros trying to be sold for a higher price than the catalogs from Brattons,Snyders,Berts,Early ford etc.... if you know the price ranges of the catalogs and its a part you need any way, you can sometimes get a deal , also the buy now feature can get be useful i bought a pair of commercial black headlamp buckets good condition with rings for 15 bucks .

Also a friendly A'er told me he gets great stuff at auctions and he shared the auction.zip site as a good place to look. happy hunting!
those of you in ks check out the jim graves living estate auction on the page below man oh man click on the photo of the tan 31 roadster on the right .

http://www.auctionzip.com/cgi-bin/aucti ... Category=4
Norwich

Post by Norwich »

Chris Haynes wrote:The AA's were painted, not plated. Therefore not shinny. They are also deeper than an A because of the extra row in the radiator.
I guess my 31 AA isn't an AA shell then. Oh well, it's going to stay shinny.
rollingsculpture
Body Type: platform

Post by rollingsculpture »

have a set of each ! one plated ,one painted ,light buckets and radiator , change up the look depending on the occasion and mood .
rsierk
Body Type: 185-B

Post by rsierk »

Norwich, is it a Canadian Truck?
Norwich

Post by Norwich »

rsierk wrote:Norwich, is it a Canadian Truck?
I have no idea if it's Canadain or not. I'm guessing if it was it prolly come across the water :lol: , otherwise it would be a long drive. I've yet to pull the cab and find the serial number. I'm not going to do that until I've collected what I need to do what I want with it.
Norwich

Post by Norwich »

rsierk wrote:Norwich, is it a Canadian Truck?
The spedo isn't in kilo's! Does that count? :wink:
Brady
Body Type: None

Post by Brady »

=Pretty sure if it's Canadian, the engine/frame number will start with CA- also, look for trim screws with
Robertson (square hole) heads. The radiator shell was donated from a '30 car, and if Canadian, will have a black background in the Ford oval instead of blue. It looks much better than the AA, and if you're not going for a points restoration, is probably OK. Look the radiator over closely to see if it's a 4 row AA type. The fit may be off somewhat if it is. Wheels- Some of our doodlebug guys have had good success with removing the AA wheel centers at the rivits, and fixing them into a 20" Dayton outer rim. We are all the time faced with the AA wheel problem, and weld up the most available parts to get rolling. Good luck Brad, and keep going..FB