28 Fire Truck Questions

AA Ford Discussion Group relating to the repair and restoration of your AA Ford.
captain marty
Body Type: firetruck
Model Year: 1928

28 Fire Truck Questions

Post by captain marty »

I've had my 28 fire truck for a number of years and have not been able to find another like it. Anybody else have one. Also, I need to rebuild my tired engind and don't want to tackle it myself. Anybody know of an AA engine mechanic in the Tulsa area?
captain marty
E.Moore
Model Year: 1930

Re: 28 Fire Truck Questions

Post by E.Moore »

The Volunteer Fire Department in Ahoske, North Carolina has a restore 1928 Open Cab Model A Pumper, With Gold Leaf Trim And Working Pump. It's been a few years since I've seen it and can't remember all the details of it. You could possibly try a search for the VFD or Town Hall on Google or Mapquest and get their phone number and give them a ring. They might be able to get some photos emailed to you. How about posting some of your fire truck photos here.
captain marty
Body Type: firetruck
Model Year: 1928

Post by captain marty »

I don't seem to be able to post photos as the box says it is too large. I'll keep trying. I purchased the fire truck in the UP of Michigan along the Lake Superior side. The man said Henry Ford donated the truck to his hardwood plant in Piquaming.
Rosenkranswa
Model Year: 1930

Post by Rosenkranswa »

One of our club members has a '30AA Open Cab Fire Truck that looks alot like yours, may be the same body manufacturer. Its not Model A(AA), but there's a new book out on Model T(TT) based fire apparatus that's worth purchasing. Lots of good original pictures as well as restored vehicles. Good coverage of the various fire body manufacturers.

Several years ago the American Truck Historical Society had their yearly meet here at the Valley Forge Convention Center. A whole area was set aside for Fire Apparatus with everything from Model T Chemical Wagons to huge Seagrave ladder trucks from the 60's. Several very nice AA-based trucks.