1934 Ford 1 1/2 ton

AA Ford Discussion Group relating to the repair and restoration of your AA Ford.
Chubbs
Model Year: 1930

1934 Ford 1 1/2 ton

Post by Chubbs »

I just bought a 34 Ford 1 1/2 ton Frame #C18BBWG2100 Transmission # BB 7222 can any one tell me more about this truck. Also is a AA truck.I'm just new to this and could use some help.
Thanks.
Chubbs.
Neil Wilson
Body Type: 82-A/89-A

Post by Neil Wilson »

Hello Chubbs,
The AA Trucks were produced from late 1927 through early 1932 and are considered the heavy commercial counter parts to the Model A's.

There is a book titled "Ford Trucks Since 1905 which has a section for the 1934 Ford trucks. There were several body styles including a closed cab with a platform or stakes to a panel delivery. What is your unit made up of?
Regards, Neil Wilson

34 Ford

Post by Chubbs »

I have a closed cab 4 speed tran. dual wheels no box or flat bed, I would like to find some plans to make a stake truck out of her. If I knew how you post pic's I would send them to you. Thanks for your help. Ken& Diana
Neil Wilson
Body Type: 82-A/89-A

Post by Neil Wilson »

Hello Chubbs,
There were two different wheel bases for the AA and BB trucks. The short wheel base is 131-1/2" and the long wheel base is 157". The platform body would be longer for the 157" WB truck.

You should contact Arnold Read at powellman@msn.com. Arnold has a '34 platform for a short wheel base and it has most of the stake racks. It is for sale.

You would not be able to make one of these bodies and having an original stake body would add value to your truck. Making a home made version is a lot of work and costly. It will make your truck less valuable.
Regards, Neil Wilson