Service Recorder - Commercial Accessory

AA Ford Discussion Group relating to the repair and restoration of your AA Ford.
Bradshaw
Body Type: 82A Cab 89A Express
Model Year: 1929

Service Recorder - Commercial Accessory

Post by Bradshaw »

Howdy All,

I've been searchin' high and low for a Service Recorder, the accessory for accounting for the operating time for the Commercial vehicles. It scribes a thin line on the chart while the truck is inactive and a wide line while the truck is active. The movement of the truck makes a pendulum move inside an scrape wax away from the chart.

I finally found one on E-bay. Got a great deal on the Servis Recorder, as it is spelled on the front.

Has anyone seen one of these mounted in an AA Truck and where was it mounted?

I believe these were mounted to the dash to capture the side to side sway of the vehicle.

Now, I welcome ideas and opinions for mounting this little gadget in the Finished Truck. I surely don't want to bore holes through my dash rail.

The Servis Recorder is an all aluminum case and pendulum. That rules out a magnet. Didn't really want a magnet to begin with, as it might scratch up the dash rail.

I'm thinking about doublesided tape or other similar method?? Not sure about holding strength or damage to paint for these types of fasteners??

The mounting surface is a 4" diameter circle. The recorder weighs about 3lbs.

Thanks,
Bradshaw
mikeg
Site Admin
Body Type: 150B
Model Year: 1930

Re: Service Recorder - Commercial Accessory

Post by mikeg »

Bradshaw wrote:Howdy All,

I've been searchin' high and low for a Service Recorder, the accessory for accounting for the operating time for the Commercial vehicles. It scribes a thin line on the chart while the truck is inactive and a wide line while the truck is active. The movement of the truck makes a pendulum move inside an scrape wax away from the chart.

I finally found one on E-bay. Got a great deal on the Servis Recorder, as it is spelled on the front.

Has anyone seen one of these mounted in an AA Truck and where was it mounted?

I believe these were mounted to the dash to capture the side to side sway of the vehicle.

Now, I welcome ideas and opinions for mounting this little gadget in the Finished Truck. I surely don't want to bore holes through my dash rail.

The Servis Recorder is an all aluminum case and pendulum. That rules out a magnet. Didn't really want a magnet to begin with, as it might scratch up the dash rail.

I'm thinking about doublesided tape or other similar method?? Not sure about holding strength or damage to paint for these types of fasteners??

The mounting surface is a 4" diameter circle. The recorder weighs about 3lbs.

Thanks,
Bradshaw
Way cool! Send me a picture of that bugger and I'll post it here, this sounds like a really neat item!
mikeg
Site Admin
Body Type: 150B
Model Year: 1930

Trip Recorder Pictures

Post by mikeg »

here are the pix that Chris sent me: