electronic ignition

AA Ford Discussion Group relating to the repair and restoration of your AA Ford.
dyoungs
Body Type: AA
Model Year: 1931

electronic ignition

Post by dyoungs »

Does any one know where I can find out some info on this for my 1931 AA? I went to check the timing and looked under the dist. cap and found no points but the electronic module. Just looking for some tune up info like gaps and timing... Also does any one have an idea where I can find an old 6 volt tachometer? I just rebuilt the engine and do not want to push the engine. LOTS of time and money...
BigAl
Model Year: 1930

Post by BigAl »

I found lots of info on this in 1928-1931 Model A Ford Mechanics Handbook vol. II. It is the green book with many modern mods for the model A, some apply to the AAs.
dyoungs

Post by dyoungs »

I have been looking for the book and can not find it. I have the red book but it only has info for the points. If you have the book could you tell me what is the timing to be set at and how much is the gap? I have been playing around with it but am having no luck. Just when I think it is close.... it is not.... Thanks
BigAl
Model Year: 1930

Post by BigAl »

Sorry for this late entry. The book and all info I find says, " the gap is not critical" It is what it is. Just time the distributor just as if it had points.
Alan.....
bruce wayne

points gap on electronics????

Post by bruce wayne »

there are no points, so there is no points gap
dyoungs

Post by dyoungs »

Sorry it took so long to say thanks..... Been out of the country for the past 2 months... You got it though.. The timing is everything. And it does not take much movement in the rotor cap to make a diference but it is hard to find "Just the Spot" Thanks agian..