Spare tire carrier

AA Ford Discussion Group relating to the repair and restoration of your AA Ford.
Caninepower

Spare tire carrier

Post by Caninepower »

Can anyone give me a value range for a "complete" side mount spare that fits the 1929 express bed truck? In addition does anyone have a picture of what the express bed rear fender support brackets look like or a couple they would like to get rid of?

Yes, I think I found a spare carrier on a friend's 1930 stake bed truck. On this application they had it on the front driver's side like a passenger vehicle with a wheel well and everything.

Also, if anyone is interested the friend is looking to sell both the 1930 AA stake bed and a 1929 AA tanker. Both are what I would call rough, unrestored shape, located in northern California. I would be happy to fetch pictures and more extensive descriptions. Thanks
Bradshaw
Body Type: 82A Cab 89A Express
Model Year: 1929

Spare Carrier

Post by Bradshaw »

Hi,

I don't know the value of a complete Express Bed Sidemout Spare Carrier, but I am looking for one.

The carrier you described sounds like an AA Fender mount spare carrier. You can measure the distance between the center line of the part of the support arm that bolts through the frame and the center line of the part that bolts to the wheel flange. The fender mount measures 1 foot 3.5" from center line to center line.

The distance measures 12.25" on the 29 sidemount for the 89A Express Bed.

And the distance measures 11 3/8" for the 1930 sidemount for the 89A Express Bed.

All information was gleaned from the April 2004 Ford Model AA Truck Club Newsletter from the article on AA sidemount spare carriers by Neil Wilson.

I'd sure be interested in an original carrier for a 1930 Express Bed or a copy if anyone can get one made. I'm still working to get a copy made and will post an update when I hear from my contact.

Thanks,
Bradshaw

Post by Guest »

Thanks Chris..doggone it looked so good......and close to the picand diagrams......the hunt continues.
Neil Wilson
Body Type: 82-A/89-A
Model Year: 1930

Post by Neil Wilson »

You can see some pictures of AA Wheel Carriers at the address below:

http://picturecenter.kodak.com/share?in ... Y0YzCUahUo

The carrier on your friends AA is probably a '31 fender carrier. The fender would have a wheel well.
Regards, Neil Wilson

THANKS

Post by caninepower »

Tnaks for pictures and guidance