Hybrid Art Project

AA Ford Discussion Group relating to the repair and restoration of your AA Ford.
Derek

Hybrid Art Project

Post by Derek »

I am considering building a quasi-replica of the Walton's Ford Model AA with a twist. I want it to be a hybrid-powered truck with a then-now theme, sort of a time machine. However, I don't believe in hot-rodding or altering original automobiles in such a fashion. They all should be restored originally. What I would like to find are sources for all of the components I would need for such a project. (i.e. Metal replacement body parts, suspension, drivetrain and any and all components usually utilized in the restoration of an original.) Any help anyone can offer would be much appreciated. Original drawings for the fabrication of any missing components would be appreciated immensely. Again, I would never consider altering any original components or truck, I appreciate these vehicles as much as any true collector. I love the aura of the era that these vehicles embody. I want to capture that with the practicality of a fuel efficient and powerful daily driver with a few of today's amenities.

Re: Hybrid Art Project

Post by Guest »

Derek wrote: I love the aura of the era that these vehicles embody. I want to capture that with the practicality of a fuel efficient and powerful daily driver with a few of today's amenities.
I immediately thought of what this might imply--after I hit the send button. I do not like the aura of the Great Depression era, it is the aura of things mechanical in this era. The vehicles--cars, trucks, planes, motorcycles, boats--were all fascinating machines. There is certainly nothing fascinating or likable about what Americans went through during these times.