1930 AA Lugnuts

AA Ford Discussion Group relating to the repair and restoration of your AA Ford.
Bradshaw
Body Type: 82A Cab 89A Express
Model Year: 1929

1930 AA Lugnuts

Post by Bradshaw »

Howdy folks,

I'm looking to purchase some AA lugnuts for the April 1930 AA Truck.

I've looked in a few catalogs and see 28/29 lugnuts offered that are already cadmium plated. Has anyone recently purchased any 30/31 AA lugnuts?? Were they reproduction or surplus from the AA years?? Most importantly, were they cad plated??

I also see that some catalogs list 30/31 lugnuts for the front axle only. And separate lugnuts for the rear axle(an inner and outer for duals).

Are the rear inners the same as the front lugnuts or do I need a double order of "front" lugnuts to have enough for the front axle and the single wheel rear studs??

Thanks,
Bradshaw
Neil Wilson
Body Type: 82-A/89-A
Model Year: 1930

Post by Neil Wilson »

Chris,
For '30/'31, the rear wheel nuts are the same as the front wheel nuts on a single rear wheel truck. I have not seen the nuts being sold so I don't know if they are like original.
Regards, Neil Wilson

AA lug nuts

Post by Guest »

I have about 150 30/31 NOS single wheel lug nuts $5.00 each plus shipping. Bud Valerius (economyelectric@hotmail.com)
bruce wayne

all lugnuts are the same

Post by bruce wayne »

after the early lugnuts, werent they all the same up until recently? I find them in the road, (off running trucks) and they fit

lug nuts

Post by Guest »

Bradshaw, You can still buy lug nuts from your Ford dealer. They look different than the originals, more rounded in shape. They will work but won"t be correct fore a show truck . Part # BB-1120-A right hand thread & # BB-1120-B for the left. I still have lots of NOS lug nuts that would be correct for a judged truck. Bud Valerius (economyelectric@hotmail.com)