Build sheets

AA Ford Discussion Group relating to the repair and restoration of your AA Ford.
russ
Body Type: 82a
Model Year: 1930

Build sheets

Post by russ »

I'm guessin' there are no records of "Build Sheets" at Corporate for these trucks. Has anyone ever heard of any?
Everybody likes pics.
vonheine
Body Type: none

Re: Build sheets

Post by vonheine »

When you say, "build sheets", do you mean a written set of instructions as to how a AA Ford truck was assembled at the factory, including detailed sequence information, bill of materials, and cautionary guidance? I wish this information existed many times--It could be created as a routing sheet utilizing any contemporary manufacturing software--but you probably would spend more time tapping computer keys than turning wrenches. When I was a manufacuring manager - I used to stop once and awhile and say--..."so are we here to build great routing sheets or great products?"

vh
russ
Body Type: 82a

Re: Build sheets

Post by russ »

Howdy vh, i'm referring to the factory set of instructions for the folks on the assembly line that were unique to each car and indicated what trim package, engine, trans, ect ect that particular car was to be equipped with. They were always stuck under the seat springs in the rear seat, or beneath the carpet or some such place but they always stayed with the vehicle. It wasn't tossed out at the end of the assembly line or filed away or anything like that. It went out the door with the car. Since it had serial numbers with it, it was proof positive how the vehicle was originally equipped.
I'm not sure when they started using build sheets (perhaps from the very beginning) but i've never heard of one for a vehicle as old as the ones we're dealing with here.
Everybody likes pics.