Ford truck restoration

AA Ford Discussion Group relating to the repair and restoration of your AA Ford.
Keith
Body Type: Open cab
Model Year: 1928

Ford truck restoration

Post by Keith »

Hello All; My name is Keith, and I am a new member from Australia. I am doing some research, on behalf of my mate Ray. He is the owner of a Ford light truck, and we think it might be an A model from about 1928 or 1929. I am helping him to restore this beautiful old girl, and I hope to help him with internet research.
I have taken some photo's of our project, and I'm hoping some-one out there might be able to tell us exactly what we have.
I have tried to attach our photos to this post, but they too big. Max allowed is 100Kb. Can some-one advise the best way to get photographs posted on this forum. Kind regards Keith Atkinson
spectria
Body Type: Mail Truck, Stakebed
Model Year: 1931

Re: Ford truck restoration

Post by spectria »

Hello Australia!!!

Go to photobucket and upload your photos, then post the link (IMG) AS YOU PASS over the photobucket photo you want to post here, up will come 4 choices to link, pick img and post that link here.

Try it and ask again if it doesn't work!

Glad to have you here!

Dave from California
Dave in Quincy, Ca. I love Pics!!!! Post them All!!! :)
Join the Ford Model AA Truck Club - membership form at http://www.fmaatc.org
Keith

Post by Keith »

Thank-you very much Dave; I am not familiar with photo bucket, but I will work at it.
Regards Keith
spectria
Body Type: Mail Truck, Stakebed

Post by spectria »

Hey Keith,

What time is it there right now?
Dave in Quincy, Ca. I love Pics!!!! Post them All!!! :)
Join the Ford Model AA Truck Club - membership form at http://www.fmaatc.org
Keith

Post by Keith »

Right now it is 15 minutes past 1 oclock in the afternoon. Monday the 5th of October 2009.
Keith

Post by Keith »

Keith

Post by Keith »

Hello Dave; Thanks for the good direction regards posting our photographs. Takes a bit of time, but I think it worked. I hope that some-one can tell me exactly what model Ford truck we have, and then I can try to locate some literature on it.
Regards Keith Atkinson
Keith

Post by Keith »

Hello All;
We measured the wheel base at 139 1/4 inches (approx) and we found a number on the engine block A 264-129.
Regards Keith Atkinson
Jared275
Body Type: dUMP

Post by Jared275 »

Judging by the rims and front spring setup, it looks to me to be a 30's chevy truck.
Shorthaul
Body Type: 186 stake

Post by Shorthaul »

Whoa, Keith, Dude!

I love the truck and the "get in shut up and hang on sign", most appropriate. Before you do anything, ship that Harley that I see in the background out here to California so you have room to work on the truck.

I knew something was funny about that truck, somebody put the control system on the wrong side.

Good day, Terry McDonald
Last edited by Shorthaul on October 6th, 2009, 6:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
Keith

Post by Keith »

Cant stop laughing. We discussed this issue over many beers, and we both agree, the steering IS actually located on the correct side. We can't imagine any other. The good ol Milwaukee iron shouldn't get in the way. If the big twin clutters up, it will transfer to my shed, along side mine for now. Chevy???????? It has got Ford aluminium caps over the front wheel bearings. Any ideas from members on what project we have here. Kind Regards K
Jared275
Body Type: dUMP

Post by Jared275 »

Keith,
I saw the ford script on the grill and noticed the early ford center caps but here is why I suspect its a chevy...take a look at ther pic via provide the link (may have to cut and paste to address bar). The pic is of a little earlier 1927 chevy truck but has a great pic of the front suspension setup.

http://www.oldkarbarn.com/Graphics/Pict ... 0small.JPG

Regards,
Jared
Keith

Post by Keith »

Hello Jared; Good observation, and we appreciate your advise. Its now midnight, and I have to give some study and thought to your reply in the morning.
Kind regards Keith Atkinson
Brady
Body Type: None
Model Year: 1930

Post by Brady »

Hi Keith:
It looks to me like some basic Ford sheet metal stuck to a non-Ford chassis. The engine isn't Ford, The transmission and E brake lever aren't Ford, and certainly not that front end. It appears the hood has been extended to make up the space at the front. The cowl and fenders are '28/29 A or AA, and that little pices of the radiator shell. What ever ya do, don't give up on the project though. This could sure be a great deal of very interesting fun. Thank you for posting and sharing the photos. Not everything has to be "bone stock" to enjoy your labors. Very best of luck and success, FBdah
flatford39
Body Type: Express

Post by flatford39 »

Brady wrote:Hi Keith:
It looks to me like some basic Ford sheet metal stuck to a non-Ford chassis. The engine isn't Ford, The transmission and E brake lever aren't Ford, and certainly not that front end. It appears the hood has been extended to make up the space at the front. The cowl and fenders are '28/29 A or AA, and that little pices of the radiator shell. What ever ya do, don't give up on the project though. This could sure be a great deal of very interesting fun. Thank you for posting and sharing the photos. Not everything has to be "bone stock" to enjoy your labors. Very best of luck and success, FBdah
Exactly, Keith you have some Model A Ford sheet metal attached to a non Ford chassis & driveline. Pretty creative individual put that truck together in its day.