1928 AA or 1929 AA ???

AA Ford Discussion Group relating to the repair and restoration of your AA Ford.
Steve (MT)
Body Type: stake bed
Model Year: 1929

1928 AA or 1929 AA ???

Post by Steve (MT) »

:?: I am trying to figure out how to tell the difference between A 1929 AA and A 1928 AA. How can I tell and is there A quick way to know for sure? What was the deal with the 20" wire spoke truck wheels? Thanks.
Neil Wilson
Body Type: 82-A/89-A
Model Year: 1930

Re: 1928 AA or 1929 AA ???

Post by Neil Wilson »

There was AA steel spoke wheels used in 1931 for some units (such as the ambulance). These wheels had a larger bolt pattern and required unique hubs/drums. The production standard for 1927 through January 1929 was a steel spoke wheel. This wheel can also be used on later 1929 AA's. There is an early and late design but all are interchangable.

The early '29 AA looks the same as the late '28 AA and there is no easy way to see the difference. All '28 AA's that I have seen have the hand brake on the left side of the cab. But, I have heard that the left hand handle was also used into early '29. I have not found this to be the case.

I got this message when trying to post an attachment "Sorry, the board attachment quota has been reached". Hopefully, Mike will explain this situation.
Regards, Neil Wilson
mikeg
Site Admin
Body Type: 150B
Model Year: 1930

Re: 1928 AA or 1929 AA ???

Post by mikeg »

Neil Wilson wrote: I got this message when trying to post an attachment "Sorry, the board attachment quota has been reached". Hopefully, Mike will explain this situation.
Fixed, try again Neil it should work now.