I am new new owner of a 1930 Model AA something or another

AA Ford Discussion Group relating to the repair and restoration of your AA Ford.
thomas
Model Year: 1930

I am new new owner of a 1930 Model AA something or another

Post by thomas »

:shock:

Good day. My name is tom moore and I am a new member. Last night I had an unexpected meeting with a fella who is into old trucks and cars. I met him by walking across the street from my brother-in-laws house. I introduced myself and asked to see his Model T that turned out to be a 1917 Studebaker coupe. Well to make a long story short, I told him I restored 5 antique Ford tracotrs and always wanted a ModelAA truck. I ended up cutting him a check for a 1930 Model AA tractor that has tracks on the back, an old hand winch and it runs good. Still 6V, good brakes, tank is rusted and needs a good cleaning or replacemnent and the windshild has a crack in it that needs replacing. Light work, radiator works. Fenders are there but not attached. Bumper missing. New tires and tubes plus two spare tires.

I'm in a state of happy shock but my poor wife is in a state od surprise shock. Well, I thought I would intorduce myself and let you'all know that I am graduating (sort of) from Ford tractors into trucks...although this is a cross breed.

I may have paid too much for it, but I think it seemed like a good deal. 300.00? From the description what do you think?

I am looking forwad to this journey and meeting you'all as I learn more about this unit. Tom

p.s I live in Gorham, New Hamnpshire
Neil Wilson
Body Type: 82-A/89-A

Post by Neil Wilson »

The price sounds good to me. Do you have any pictures? My email is wilsmor@juno.com.
Regards, Neil Wilson

Post by thomas »

I forgot to mention the history of this truck. Apparently it was used as a military vehicle and was then acquired by the City of Berlin, NH who then used it as a plow truck at the base of the Nansen Ski Jump. Ski jumping was a big sport here in this area back in the 30's-40-50's. The ski jump has since been abandoned and is slowly decaying, but it can be seen from a few miles away on the horizon. Somehow, the Town of Gorham, NH then acquired the truck and used it to plow Libby Field, a popular summertime swimming hole, and once a wintertime ice hockey outdoor area. The Town of Gorham, NH sold it a fella who had it for a few years and then sold it to the current owner who modified it somewhat and used it for cable logging on his 190 plus acre woodlot. He took good care of it, and has at one time owned 14 Whippet's (spelling correct?) several AA trucks, and still owns has a 29 AA he drove to Newfoundland not long ago from New Hampshire. He has several AA parts trucks, and the 1917 Studebaker that is beautifully restored back to original. I am going to ask him about his 29 AA and see what chance there may be of acquiring it someday way way down the road. It will be one of those put 20.00 away here, 10.00 away there...over the next several years to save up for this truck...should he ever be interested in selling it.

I'll try to send a picture or two and my current thinking is to get it in overall good running shape, fix the obvious, and tinker way with it as a long term resto project. I would like to restoire it for winter use with the V plow, Arps tracks and bogey wheels, etc.

Thanks for listening (reading). Tom