New to 1931 AA platfrom truck

AA Ford Discussion Group relating to the repair and restoration of your AA Ford.
Towken@AOL.com

New to 1931 AA platfrom truck

Post by Towken@AOL.com »

Just found and bought a 31 AA platform truck, it is a 90% completed
restoration vehicle, 58 years ago I owned a 31 A model pickup for $50.
This truck did cost a lot more to own.
It has a Florida "Horsless Carrige" registration, drove it two days after I bought it, its nothing like the the "A" model PU, this one drives like a truck.
Spent the afternoon yesterday cleaning up the truck to become familiar with it and learned a few things, didnt remember a Positive ground on my old 31 A.
It has an indented cowl, for motor clearence, a dual speed with gearshift knob coming out from under the seat, coupled to a four speed trans.
The cab interior is fully upholstered, in black, seats are like new.
Have pictures, and in the future would like to get some advice on how to perform some restoration. Do you know of an electric windshield wiper for the A, AA vehicles, back in Maine way back in time I remember some had them installed because of the hills in Vermont and New Hampshire.

K AA McCray
Melbourne, Florida
Neil Wilson
Body Type: 82-A/89-A
Model Year: 1930

Post by Neil Wilson »

Welcome to the AA world. You may want to join the Ford Model AA Truck Club. A membership form is available at the club site fmaatc.org.

All A/AA cowl fire walls have a indentation for the engine. In mid 1931 an additional indentation was stamped where the gas line comes through the firewall and the gas shut off valve was placed in the indentation (engine side). This is referred to as the "indented fire wall).

The closed and open cabs used on the AA trucks are the same as the cabs used on the A commercial pickup. So, Model A parts stores can be checked to find an electric wiper.

The shifter coming out through the heel kick is probably a Warford. This transmission would have a under, direct, and over drive positions as well as neutral.

If you can't get pictures attached to the site, please send me copies to wilsmor@juno.com
Regards, Neil Wilson