Express Bed Front Pocket

AA Ford Discussion Group relating to the repair and restoration of your AA Ford.
Bradshaw
Body Type: 82A Cab 89A Express
Model Year: 1929

Express Bed Front Pocket

Post by Bradshaw »

Howdy Everyone,

I pulled the Express Bed out to start replacing the rusted through areas with patch panels. The front pockets on each side are rusted out pretty bad at the bottom.

I've checked a few catalogs to see if the part number was the same for the small pickup front pocket. It does not appear to be the same.

Does anyone know if the pockets for the small pickup are similar enough to use to cut up for a patch for the AA front pockets??

Thanks,
Bradshaw
Neil Wilson
Body Type: 82-A/89-A
Model Year: 1930

AA Express Front Pockets

Post by Neil Wilson »

The front pockets for the T and A pickup bodies, the TT express body, and the TT express center pockets are the same except for some of the attachment holes. The holes can be welded up.

I would not be supprised to find that the reproduction pockets do not have holes drilled.
Regards, Neil Wilson
Body Type: 82A Cab 89A Express
Model Year: 1929

Front Pockets

Post by Bradshaw »

Thanks for the information about the front pockets. The catalogs I've been looking through show 2 pockets. A right and left for the narrow bed pickup and a right and left for the wide bed pickup.

Do I need narrow bed or wide bed pockets??

The price is different so I'm assuming the pockets are also different.

I also e-mailed you the same question.

Thanks,
Bradshaw
Neil Wilson
Body Type: 82-A/89-A
Model Year: 1930

Post by Neil Wilson »

The narrow bed pickup box has the same stake pockets as the TT and AA express. The right and left hand parts must be the holes on the sides for attachment.

I have never looked at the reproduction pockets (just the pockets on an original pickup body). Let me know what you find after you get the pockets.
Regards, Neil Wilson