spark and throttle rods

AA Ford Discussion Group relating to the repair and restoration of your AA Ford.
bdotson
Body Type: aa
Model Year: 1928

spark and throttle rods

Post by bdotson »

I have been trying to get the spark and throttle rods levers off of my 28. I think they have pins in them.I have had no luck driving them out. are they tapered any ideas that might help?
Hayslip
Model Year: 1930

Re: spark and throttle rods

Post by Hayslip »

If the spark/throttle rods are pitted and are not worth plating you could hack saw them off. These are being reproduced in stainless and nickel. Best, Ed
Hayslip
bdotson

Post by bdotson »

The rods are good and I want to reuse them I just cant seem to drive the pins out? there looks to be a head on one side but I cant see where it comes out on the other side.
Bladehorse
Body Type: 185-A
Model Year: 1930

Post by Bladehorse »

they are pinned like you suggest. Henry did a great job of setting these hot however, so they are Stuck in there. I drilled mine out after I ground the head of the pin offas it leaves a tiny outline as to where the actual hole is. I Did have an issue with drilling thru the pin allone, and not also the rod. They are steel however, and easilly welded back up.
bdotson

Post by bdotson »

Bladehorse wrote:they are pinned like you suggest. Henry did a great job of setting these hot however, so they are Stuck in there. I drilled mine out after I ground the head of the pin offas it leaves a tiny outline as to where the actual hole is. I Did have an issue with drilling thru the pin allone, and not also the rod. They are steel however, and easilly welded back up.
Thanks they were hard to remove I drilled them out and replaced the pins with brass rods