AA dump body

AA Ford Discussion Group relating to the repair and restoration of your AA Ford.
Mike in Maine

AA dump body

Post by Mike in Maine »

Anyone familiar with a hand crank dump body (may be Anthony) with the crank on the passenger side of truck? This body is on a 1931 Ford AA.
Thanks for any response.
Neil Wilson
Body Type: 82-A/89-A
Model Year: 1930

Post by Neil Wilson »

Mike,
I had an Anthony hand crank dump body. The crank was on the drivers side. The book "Model A/AA Truck Owner" (green book) shows several manufactures with right hand cranks.
Regards, Neil Wilson

Hand crank Dunp

Post by Paul in Maine »

Mike, I have a 30 dump with the hand crank on the the left also. This past summer My father sold a 31 dump with a hand crank on the left. I notice that they only take a few turns to rise or lower the dump body. Like you, I am not sure just what they are or who made them. Now that you have brought it up I will make a concerted effort to look closer tomorror and see if I can find a manufacture symbol. It dose resemble an Anthony though.
Neil Wilson
Body Type: 82-A/89-A
Model Year: 1930

Post by Neil Wilson »

The Anthony fast hand crank dump body was one that Ford sold as part of its line of dump trucks from 9/30 through 12/30. Ford assigned body model number 200-A. Installation instructions and illustrations of the Ford sold dump bodies are in the September 1930 Ford Service Bulletin. It takes 4-1/2 turns to raise or lower this dump body.

The Anthony body tag is on the left side (upper-front). Ford did not have a tag for the body. Anthony would have sold this body themselves prior and after it was offered through Ford.

I have a pictures of the body tags on my Anthony Rotating Power Hoist which is basically the same body and hoist. I will send these pictures to anyone contacting me via my e-mail at wilsmor@juno.com
Regards, Neil Wilson
Mike in Maine
Body Type: 82B
Model Year: 1931

AA dump

Post by Mike in Maine »

Paul in Maine,

Thank you (and Neil) for the help. Where abouts are you located in Maine? You May email me at mbtowne@adelphia.net.
Thanks again,
Mike

PS: Thanks for the pictures Neil