Model a Ford Service Bulletins Complete, Dan R. Post ?

AA Ford Discussion Group relating to the repair and restoration of your AA Ford.
scl009
Model Year: 1931

Model a Ford Service Bulletins Complete, Dan R. Post ?

Post by scl009 »

What is this book good/bad for? I can't seem to find a decent description of what kind of info I'll find in it. All of the descriptions say "essential for someone doing there own restoration"

Scott
rollingsculpture
Body Type: platform

Re: Model a Ford Service Bulletins Complete, Dan R. Post ?

Post by rollingsculpture »

the service bulletins book has drawings and photographs and explanations of repairs and fixes that ford sent out to the dealers to help them better maintain the vehicles they sold and serviced , it is like an encyclopedia of ford model a info regarding changes and updates to the cars and trucks. i bought a copy on e pay for 15 bucks and consider it money well spent , it will hone your knowledge and get you straight about what is year and model correct for what you are working on . dont know what the Dan R. Post is
scl009

Post by scl009 »

Dan R Post is what the seller has listed as the Author, don't know ifs thats correct but it does have the same ISBN as at vintage ford, Mac's, MAFCA etc
rollingsculpture
Body Type: platform

Post by rollingsculpture »

i just looked inside the front cover is a page that says compiled by Dan R.Post with a copyright of 1957. i wonder how he got the copyright since ford sent them out and they were already compiled in notebooks for the shops to use .
Hayslip
Model Year: 1930

Post by Hayslip »

The Dan Post version has all the technical info from the 1928-1931 Model A Service Bulletins. The exact copy from MARC has all the promotional material as well, so an item in the Post book on a left hand page might turn up in the original copy on a right hand page. The Service Bulletins is a journal that started in the Model T era and continued into the V8 era. It was never "complete", but ongoing. For example the 1932 Bulletin contains some Model A info, such as how to hang the new Spartan "beep" horn on your Model A. The layout is chronogical as Ford announced changes and the original is 8 1/2 by 11. Post shrunk the size.
Hayslip
scl009

Post by scl009 »

Kind of sounds like you don't like it, should I wait until I can get a repro of the original? I read somewhere online today (I think MAFCA) that the the larger size is going back into production