Truck Body Pedals

AA Ford Discussion Group relating to the repair and restoration of your AA Ford.
E.Moore
Model Year: 1930

Truck Body Pedals

Post by E.Moore »

Does anyone recognize these Truck Body pedals. They were found in an old Ford dealer's parts department.
Attachments
MVC-007F.JPG
MVC-007F.JPG (58.23 KiB) Viewed 3303 times
MVC-006F.JPG
MVC-006F.JPG (65.56 KiB) Viewed 3303 times
MVC-005F.JPG
MVC-005F.JPG (56.44 KiB) Viewed 3303 times
John - NNY

Re: Truck Body Pedals

Post by John - NNY »

It looks like pedal extensions to operate the pedals from the right side of the car/truck (passenger side). Maybe to adapt the pedals for right-hand drive?

John
NNY
Chris Haynes
Body Type: 82A

Post by Chris Haynes »

Why do you think they are pedals?
E.Moore

Post by E.Moore »

I'd like to know your thoughts on these. The pads that are rivited to the bars on the right side of the photo appear to be pedals that would be used to operate linkage to a release unit, or to a hydraulic unit. The assembly should have been turned the other way before the photo was taken, so as to make it appear it could be operated from the driver's side. I'm only speculating about the useage.
Shorthaul
Body Type: 186 stake
Model Year: 1931

Post by Shorthaul »

Their not too sophisticated and probably didn't work for the application they were intended, Therefor I feel they most likely were replaced by Revision "B" and that is the reason they were still unsold and unused.

They look like if mounted correctly, they may be used for smashing beverage cans or maybe closing the lid on paint cans.

Put them on eBay as AA special tool. Someone may know something.
spectria
Body Type: Mail Truck, Stakebed
Model Year: 1931

Post by spectria »

John - NNY wrote:It looks like pedal extensions to operate the pedals from the right side of the car/truck (passenger side). Maybe to adapt the pedals for right-hand drive?
John NNY
I agree with John, except they could have been used to operate a brake and accelerator from the left foot, like a cruise control.

My dad built a set that looked allot like those pictured to drive our old Studebaker across the US in the early fifties with all of us.
He bolted the flexible ends to the back of the existing pedals and the other ends he used to spell his right foot... I had that set for years, but it finally disappeared.
Dave in Quincy, Ca. I love Pics!!!! Post them All!!! :)
Join the Ford Model AA Truck Club - membership form at http://www.fmaatc.org
E.Moore

Post by E.Moore »

Guys, These things would be mounted behind the cab on the chassis. The driver would have to stop the truck and get out to operate these in order to make a special body tilt.

I've seen other foot operated linkages on old trucks that were similar to these, but paid no attention to them in the past.