32 bb truck tires

AA Ford Discussion Group relating to the repair and restoration of your AA Ford.
Lenny

32 bb truck tires

Post by Lenny »

I have 2 bb trucks. These trucks have 650-20`s and 700-20`s on them.
What is the proper size for these trucks? I need a rolling chasis before I get too involved in restoring one of them.
Thanks Lenny
Neil Wilson
Body Type: 82-A/89-A
Model Year: 1930

Post by Neil Wilson »

Lenny,
I don't know what the tire size was for the '32 BB trucks. However, the wheels are the same as the '31 AA trucks. The AA used 6:00 x 20 tires on the front and for rear dual wheels. For single rear wheel AA's, the tire size was 32 x 6 which were designed for high preasure (like 70-90 lbs.).

I would think that the '32 BB's used the same size tires.
Regards, Neil Wilson
Phil Mino
Model Year: 1930

32 bb truck tires

Post by Phil Mino »

This is from the July, 1932 Ford Service Bulletin, page 31:

Tire Pressures
Inflate tires as follows:
5.25 x 18 35 lbs.
6.00 x 20 45 lbs.
6.50 x 20 50 lbs.
32 x 6 (8 ply truck type) 80 lbs.
32 x 6 (10 ply heavy duty) 90 lbs.
32 x 7 (with BB-1015-B wheel) 100 lbs.
Lenny

BB Tires

Post by Lenny »

Thanks guys
Think I`ll go with 6:50-20 tires. Working days are almost over over for this truck. Dump runs on saterday/ prades/ sunday drive ect.
Gonna put the rack body on it. I do have the dump body also. Hand crank on drivers side. Maybe for sale ???
Lenny.
I do have parts for others, but not sure what.
Winshild. 2 peice ,Glass flips out to front. About 4' wide, snaps on the frame probaly for rag top, looks orignal, glass is very good. Maybe from a model T ?
Also have several radiator covers , looks to be nickle plated, They resemble The B but are shorter and have a drop in the center/top. 1 has the radiator in it and looks very good.
Lenny