Front engine mount photo by forum member

AA Ford Discussion Group relating to the repair and restoration of your AA Ford.
mikeg
Site Admin
Body Type: 150B
Model Year: 1930

Front engine mount photo by forum member

Post by mikeg »

Howdy folks, just received this email from forum member Regpegs1931.

Hi Mike,
Maybe I'm really bad at computers, but I tried to download a photo and put it on a new topic post for readers on a motor mount I just took off of my late 31 AA, to see if it was available anywhere, but couldn't manage the task. So I will send it this way, just wondering if this perhaps is an aftermarket "does wonders" or one of those "latest improvements over ford" parts. The smaller supports went thru the front crossmember and perhaps had a bolt on the threaded portion to hold them in place. I checked Mac's but found only the spring version. I like others want to think this truck was all original, but I'm not that tunnel visioned either to know that there were perhaps hundreds of after market parts out there all claiming to improve over Fords idea for sales. Thanks for taking a look, and by all means you guys are the experts, pass this along to anyone that may help. I'd like to replace the rubbers and washers on this to keep it the same, but if not available, I understand and may just use the spring set up.
Attachments
Model AA Motor Mount
Model AA Motor Mount
Model AA Motor Mount.jpg (55.54 KiB) Viewed 2980 times
Erskine48
Body Type: 82a/3axle
Model Year: 1929

Re: Front engine mount photo by forum member

Post by Erskine48 »

Check with your local frontend shop, most kits come with parts for multiple apps. The small rubbers look like swaybar links. Bob E.
Regpegs1931
Body Type: Stake
Model Year: 1931

Re: Front engine mount photo by forum member

Post by Regpegs1931 »

Thanks Bob E. I will be trying that, I havn't taken the small supports apart yet, but looks like the rubbers that come from the top of shock mounts will work. This mount does not have the round shape on the one Mac's sells, that accepts the round end of the springs, but it has a square end that fits in the top of the smaller steel supported rubber mounts. If I had to say, this was probably a stiffer support than the spring type. Still if anyone has ever run across these, would like to know, it will be a while before I put the motor back in and will begin to restore this mount. Thanks all, Reg