30 or 31 woody?

AA Ford Discussion Group relating to the repair and restoration of your AA Ford.
mikeg
Site Admin
Body Type: 150B
Model Year: 1930

30 or 31 woody?

Post by mikeg »

One of my employees sent me this picture of his sisters Model A, it appears to be a 30 but the wood spoke wheels through me off. The reason I think it is a 30 or 31 is because of the cowl band.

Pretty nice looking truck though, what do you all think?

29aaman

woodie/depot hack

Post by 29aaman »

it looks like a t depot hack body! for sure it's not an A body,(not a briggs or a murray) it could be a T with a model A cowl and fenders, without seeing the frame or engine and drive train its hard to pinpoint what it is, it sure is unique looking. rich.
Neil Wilson
Body Type: 82-A/89-A

Post by Neil Wilson »

Mike,
I am fairly sure that the fenders are not A from what I can see of the outer edge. The radiator does not look like the T version.
Regards, Neil Wilson
mikeg
Site Admin
Body Type: 150B

It is a 28 Chevy with a York Body

Post by mikeg »

I finally got the rest of the story from the owner (by way of my employee) it turned out to be a 28 chevy with the york body on it. I guess it is in mint condition with a lot of the orignal accessories, oil cloth curtains etc. The truck was in a wyoming barn under a tarp, the original owner forgot he had it.
29aaman

woodie

Post by 29aaman »

okay now that makes sense, it's a 27 chevy, i own a 27 chevy truck and now that you mention it, it has the same body that i have seen on the old chevy woodies, i have a photo of a 27 york body on a 27 chevy and it looks the same, i got the photo from the aaca in hershey p.a. if you call them they will send you a copy of the same photo. thanks rich