door seals

AA Ford Discussion Group relating to the repair and restoration of your AA Ford.
njcar757
Body Type: closed cab
Model Year: 1929

door seals

Post by njcar757 »

I've just started the restoration of a 29 AA. I saw the post below on door seals. Does the windlace go all the way up both sides and across the top of door? I understand that the door panel holds the sides of the windlace on the lower part of the door,then the metal clips with the screws hold the upper windlace to the door. Does the windlace go across the top of the door? If so can someone give me a pic of the metal clip or a part number that holds the windlace to the top of the door?
I plan to order outside door handles, the drivers side will be locking. How do you lock the passenger side door from the inside of the cab, a pic or part number would be helpful.
thanks nicl
Neil Wilson
Body Type: 82-A/89-A
Model Year: 1930

Re: door seals

Post by Neil Wilson »

The April 2009 Ford Model AA Truck Club newsletter has a five page article about upholstery for the 82-A closed cab. There is a membership form at the club web side (www.fmaatc.org) and you are welcome to join. I have extras of the newsletter and if you send in an extra $9.00 with your $18.00 membership, I will send you both the 2009 and 2010 newsletters.

There are three different sizes of wind lacing for the 82-A closed cab. The lacing attaches to the door at the front and bottom. The lacing attaches to the cab wood at the top and lock pillar.

The outside door handles do not have locks. The right door is designed for a separate lock cylinder. The left door lock lever moves back to lock it. You have to unlock the right side to get access to the cab when both doors are locked.
Regards, Neil Wilson