Frame Numbers

AA Ford Discussion Group relating to the repair and restoration of your AA Ford.
RJ Scott
Model Year: 1930

Frame Numbers

Post by RJ Scott »

Hi again,

I was wondering if anyone could tell me anything about the number stamped into the frame of my 29 AA...
The number (I think) is
AA1781251 with stars at the beginning and end of the number
The truck had no motor when I bought it so I'm hoping someone knows abou t these frame numbers.
thanks RJ
29aaman

29 numbers

Post by 29aaman »

R.J. according to Les Andrews book your truck is a june of 1929.
Lycoming-8

Post by Lycoming-8 »

As you probably know, the original engine would have had this same number stamped on it. In fact if what I know is right, the engine had the number stamped on it first. Probably when it was assembled or after a test run. Then at the time the truck was assembled, the same number was stamped on the frame. Either or both pass for the VIN of today.
RJ Scott

Frame numbers

Post by RJ Scott »

Man,
This forum is full of great guys who know their stuff! Thanks a lot for the information regarding my frame numbers.
Is there anyway to determine exactly what kind of truck this was when it was new? When I purcahsed it, it had a wooden bed with wooden sideboards and a Weaver Crane mounted on it. Obviously, this is not how Ford kicked it off the assembly line.
I don't know if it orginally had a grain box or steak bed or what...
If anyone knows how to find out, I would really appreciate any info.
Who knows, one of these days I might learn enough about these AAs to help someone else...
Thanks Again
RJ
Neil Wilson
Body Type: 82-A/89-A

Post by Neil Wilson »

RJ,
Unfortunately the original cab and body can not be determined for the A or AA. The engine number was stamped on the engine when it was assembled. This number was stamped on the frame when the engine was installed into the frame.
Regards, Neil Wilson

Frame numbers

Post by gjinc »

HI
Where on the frame are the numbers stamped??
thanks
Greg

Post by Guest »

gjinc,
The numbers are stamped on the top of the left (driver's) side frame just forward of where the reat motor mounts bolt to the frame.

I just ventured back into Iowa this weekend where I found the truck originally, and bought an engine and transmission for my AA. I will be asking questions about that engine very soon I expect...
Thanks to everyone in advance.
RJ