1931 Engine color

AA Ford Discussion Group relating to the repair and restoration of your AA Ford.
ccapra
Body Type: AA TK
Model Year: 1931

1931 Engine color

Post by ccapra »

Can anyone tell me the correct engine color for a 1931 AA. My motor has a turquois tint and I dont know if that is original. Are there any pics available?
SHELBY MESSER
Body Type: 75-A
Model Year: 1930

Re: 1931 Engine color

Post by SHELBY MESSER »

All A's and AA's and early Fords engines are dark GREEN.Most all early Ford parts suppliers carry it. Blue paint came in with the 6 cylinder engines in the 40's I think!!!! Shelby, Away in Sacramento.
Hayslip

Post by Hayslip »

The Judging Standards have a whole section on finishes under the hood including which parts are green and which parts are black. Trust their judgement.
Hayslip
ccapra
Body Type: AA TK
Model Year: 1931

Post by ccapra »

Thanks for the help. I am new to this restoration thing. In fact, this is my first. I am ready to paint the engine and transmission and would like to know the correct application for each. I was unable to locate any information using Judging Standards as a search. Is this a book that I need to purchase? I also found green paint at Mac’s which is advertised to be the original green color.
Hayslip

Post by Hayslip »

The correct name is Model "A" Restoration Guidelines and Judging Standards. It's $25 has 23 technical areas in a 3 ring binder with index. It should be available from TAMs or Snyders or MACS or MARC or MAFCA. There's a section on AAs too.
Hayslip