AA Tug

AA Ford Discussion Group relating to the repair and restoration of your AA Ford.
Harvey
Model Year: 1930

AA Tug

Post by Harvey »

Hi,

I'm working on an AA tug project and was wondering if any of you know about these things and where I might find additional information.

My tug was built "sometime in the '40s" by The California Industrial Tractor Company (in San Francisco.) It was built using a narrowed worm drive rear end and a BB engine and transmission. The frame was built-for-purpose but almost all of the suspension and running gear is Model A and AA. Note that this is not a doodlebug since doodlebugs were usually built in ones and twos by farmers and these little tugs were built in large numbers for use in railway stations, docks, airports and any industry that needed a small tug.

Besides The California Industrial Tractor Co, Superior Grinding Company (also in San Fran) built these little buggers as well. Searching the internet yielded no results. Anybody know anything about these?

Thanks,

Harvey
Waller, TX
Neil Wilson
Body Type: 82-A/89-A

Post by Neil Wilson »

Harvey,
I don't know anything about tugs. But it would be of interest to see some pictures.
Regards, Neil Wilson
Neil Wilson
Body Type: 82-A/89-A

Post by Neil Wilson »

I must be doing something wrong since I can not see the Tug-14.jpg picture. Can anyone explain what I might be doing wrong?
Regards, Neil Wilson

Post by Harvey »

Something went wrong the first time so let me try it again...
Attachments
Tug-14.jpg
Tug-14.jpg (71.7 KiB) Viewed 5170 times
Harvey

Post by Harvey »

Here's about all the info I have found on these tugs. I bought my project from Phil Mino in CA and he was kind enough to provide this picture of a dataplate/dashpanel from another one of these tugs.
Attachments
TugIDPlate.jpg
TugIDPlate.jpg (59.72 KiB) Viewed 5137 times
Garry-37512

Post by Garry-37512 »

Oh, My God!