Another source of NOS AA Parts

AA Ford Discussion Group relating to the repair and restoration of your AA Ford.
mbailout2
Body Type: grain body
Model Year: 1930

Another source of NOS AA Parts

Post by mbailout2 »

Hey guys...found an AA supplier in Arlington, Texas. I was refered to him by Joblot Automotive Supply in NY. I already had an NOS 6x10 U-Joint for my 29AA from NOS Ford in NC, but I needed one for my friend in Washington State. Texas had another NOS 6x10 U-joint and it made my friend in Washington very happy. :D

Texas is now checking to see if he has a NOS AA4605 drive shaft, and a NOS AA4645 bearing and sleeve. :)
To contact Texas: "Stacey Brown" 817-275-2381 Arlington, Texas
A note of interest: Texas charged me $200.00 less than NOS Ford for the Universal.

I've had a lot of vibration driving my AA at 50 MPH and I blew out the drive shaft bearing as the U-joint was already worn too much. I think the worn U-joint caused a lot of whip in the drive shaft, which in turn destroyed the drive shaft bearing. I had to take out the bearing in pieces, and I'm sure the sleeve and race are scored. :(
I'm going to be putting in new parts and I'm looking at putting in a new AA4605 drive shaft, or taking out the old drive shaft, checking it for warp and weld up the bearing race and have it machined down to size. With the new universal, this should eliminate vibration from the drive train.