Dump truck rebuild

AA Ford Discussion Group relating to the repair and restoration of your AA Ford.
John - NNY
Model Year: 1930

Dump truck rebuild

Post by John - NNY »

I haven't had much time to actually do much on my 1930 trucks and frames. So last November I took my dump truck to a small shop that specializes in model AA's and A's. I was very lucky because the owner is very knowlagable and does maticuoulus work. I am also fortunate that he is only an hour drive away. His shop is just northeast of Syracuse, NY. He has the rolling frame completely stripped down and ready for sandblast. He is going through all the parts and extra parts to see whats best. The rear axle is just beautiful insided. Nothing needed there except gaskets and seals. I have several doner frames to find the best parts.

The dump bed is actually complete. The previous owner used to teach collage metal shop. He had his students fabricate all new sides and tailgate. They haven't been added yet. I will post progress pics in the future.
John
NNY

russ
Body Type: 82a
Model Year: 1930

Re: Dump truck rebuild

Post by russ »

Cool. I look forward to hearing and seeing more.
Everybody likes pics.
spectria
Body Type: Mail Truck, Stakebed
Model Year: 1931

Post by spectria »

Ditto!
Dave in Quincy, Ca. I love Pics!!!! Post them All!!! :)
Join the Ford Model AA Truck Club - membership form at http://www.fmaatc.org
gunmetal
Body Type: 188-A
Model Year: 1929

Post by gunmetal »

I love pics toooo. got over 1000 pic's of Model A and AA's. I own a 1929 188-A CCPU plate form.