Service bulletins - seat back assy?

AA Ford Discussion Group relating to the repair and restoration of your AA Ford.
John - NNY
Model Year: 1930

Service bulletins - seat back assy?

Post by John - NNY »

On page 562 of the Model A Service Bulletins, it mentions a special seat back assembly. Does anyone have additional information or pictures of this seat back assembly? I have a 1930 closed cab. The seat back that I received with the truck is stamped sheet metal on the back side and regular seat springs attached to the front side. I tried looking up the part numbers in the service bulletins without success. If I recall correctly, there are pivot pins on the bottom corners of the seat back. I think they match up with brackets on the sides of the cab. I will have to look at it tomorrow in more detail and take some pictures.
John
NNY
John - NNY
Model Year: 1930

Re: Service bulletins - seat back assy?

Post by John - NNY »

I took another look at the seat back today. It appears that the seat back I have is not correct for my truck.
John
NNY
lfg1931
Body Type: 82-B
Model Year: 1931

Post by lfg1931 »

John,

Here is a picture of an original seat back spring on my 1931 AA 82-B cab. The back spring is sitting on the bottom seat (the bottom seat is not correct). When installed correctly, the three tabs you see on top of the spring assembly are fastened with flathead screws to the horizontal wood strip above.

The other picture shows three pointed tabs near the lower portion of the vertical wood strips. These hold the bottom of the spring in place.

Now that I've sais all that, I am not sure if this is correct for your 1930 truck. I'm sure others will chime in and help on that. My truck is a mid 1931 that has the indented firewall if that sheds any light on it.

Larry
seat back spring.jpg
seat back spring.jpg (97.08 KiB) Viewed 2701 times
cab back.jpg
cab back.jpg (97.89 KiB) Viewed 2701 times
lfg1931
Body Type: 82-B
Model Year: 1931

Post by lfg1931 »

I must add that the seat spring in the picture is not in the correct position. It is back to front and needs to be turned around.

Larry