body wood installation

AA Ford Discussion Group relating to the repair and restoration of your AA Ford.
sam cooper
Model Year: 1930

body wood installation

Post by sam cooper »

where can i find info about installing cab wood on a 1929 model aa ford ?
Neil Wilson
Body Type: 82-A/89-A
Model Year: 1930

Post by Neil Wilson »

Hello Sam,
I don't know of any documentation on the installation of cab wood. However, both the closed and open cabs used on the AA's are the same cabs used on the A's. So, this will give you a greater source of information.
Regards, Neil Wilson

Wood in AA

Post by Paul in Maine »

I was looking into this very same thing and found that the pictures in Mike's part catalog were extreamly helpful. Also the suplemental to the Model A Restorer gave some very useful information. The best is if you can find templets or look at someone elses work. Good luck.
rosenkran1

Body Wood

Post by rosenkran1 »

Pick up a copy of "Restoring the Model A Pickup". Some good detail shots in there of both the 28/29 and 30/31 style cabs. There's even a detailed description of how to install the wood in a 30/31 cab which might be helpful for you.
Wayne in Malvern, PA

New Source

Post by Wayne in Malvern, PA »

I just picked up Vol II of Les Andrews Mechanics set for the Model A, which includes a complete chapter on wood installation. Both cab styles for the pickup/AA are detailed.
Wayne in Malvern, PA

New Source

Post by Wayne in Malvern, PA »

I just picked up Vol II of Les Andrews Mechanics set for the Model A, which includes a complete chapter on wood installation. Both cab styles for the pickup/AA are detailed.