orphan parts for my 82b

AA Ford Discussion Group relating to the repair and restoration of your AA Ford.
nreed
Body Type: 31aa
Model Year: 1931

orphan parts for my 82b

Post by nreed »

Can someone please tell me where these parts go on my 82b cab. I took it apart too long ago to be able to remember. It seems to me that they go in the top of the door opening but they don't fit exactly and some of the holes for the screws and nails interfere with the corner brackets.
lfg1931
Body Type: 82-B

Re: orphan parts for my 82b

Post by lfg1931 »

The 2 peices on the right get nailed to the bottom of the horizontal wood at the door opening. As I remember they are the same so it doesn't matter what side, They go on the outside of the wood piece being nailed on at the bottom.

The other 2 pieces cover the wood with the square hole going to the rear. That hole is for a rubber grommet.

Hope that helps.

Larry
lfg1931
Body Type: 82-B

Post by lfg1931 »

I belive the last hole to the rear after the square hole has a oval head machine screw that all the way thru the wood with a lock washer and nut on top. The rest are wood screws.

Larry
nreed
Body Type: 31aa

Post by nreed »

Thanks to both of you for the information. I was almost certain that the pieces fit like you said but I didn't wont to put any nails in the new wood without being certain because they come back out HARD!
Neil Wilson
Body Type: 82-A/89-A
Model Year: 1930

Post by Neil Wilson »

I looked at a couple of 82-B cabs out back. The smaller strips (right side of picture) are attached to the bottom of the door header wood to the inside of the cab with the flange pointing down (which forces the wind lace down. The wider strips are finish strips which cover the entire bottom of the door header. The door header wind lace goes between the strip nailed to the header and the finish strip.

I have not had this apart so I don't know if the wind lace is attached to the door header of just sandwiched between the finish strip and nailed strip. But, I am guessing it is just sandwiched between the two.
Regards, Neil Wilson