correct wheels

AA Ford Discussion Group relating to the repair and restoration of your AA Ford.
Lenny_m

correct wheels

Post by Lenny_m »

Could enyone tell me what wheels are the corect ones for a 32BB with duel rears.I think 32 were the same as the 31`s
I have two trucks with 3 diffrent style wheels.Some have a step in the dish near the lug holes some are more rounded(No step) and 2 are the rounded style but are rounded in around the edges of the spokes.they all have a knotch on 1 end of the ring.
Thanks Lenny
Bradshaw
Body Type: 82A Cab 89A Express
Model Year: 1929

AA Budd Wheels

Post by Bradshaw »

Lenny,

I'm working on an Early 1930 AA. I have the 5 hole Budd wheels without the step or reinforced area around the lug holes.

Sometime in the past, my truck was fitted with two incorrect wheels(the rims have the raised area). I later purchased two correct rims to make a complete set of the correct wheels.

The re-inforced rims were available in 31 I believe. You should be able to see a date stamped on the inside of the rim.

The two I have are stamped 8/32. So these would have been August of 32 and perhaps originally were on a 32BB.

I'm sure others will chime in .....

Bradshaw
Neil Wilson
Body Type: 82-A/89-A
Model Year: 1930

Post by Neil Wilson »

Lenny,
Chris is correct. The manufacture date is stamped on the inside between two of the lug bolt holes. I think that this style of wheel was also used on other trucks. I have a couple of the wheels with the reinforcement ribs but the vent holes are rounded rather than pyramid design. There is a relief slot for the valve stem. While these are mounted on an AA chassis, they were not originally AA wheels.
Regards, Neil Wilson

Post by Guest »

Thanks
So far i`ve come up with 4 with the step i can use on the rear. And 3 of the wheels with no step i can use on the front and spare for now. and about 10 that are junk.
Lenny