Wooden wheels for AA Trucks

AA Ford Discussion Group relating to the repair and restoration of your AA Ford.
Canadian AA

Wooden wheels for AA Trucks

Post by Canadian AA »

October 21, 2005. So, today I was looking at a truck frame with Model AA fenders on it and parts of a cab. The unit had dual wheels with wood spokes so I assumed it was some sort of previous transplant job. However, the closer I looked the more I believe this is the original configuration. The front hubcaps are stamped Ford and the drive train with the axilliary transmission looks stock and original. The rearend is suspended with half elliptical springs coming from a very heavy spring pack/bracket combo. Does anyone else out there have any experience with this configuration? Tony in Canada
bert
Model Year: 1930

Rear wood wheels

Post by bert »

Tony. Were the front wheels spoked or disc and where was the emergency brake located? Left side rail, front of trans. or on right of tower? Early 28's had a lot of parts left over from 27. I have a early 28 with emergency brake on left rail ,equalizer system. No separate emergency break. The rear is marked with TT. Just a guess, maybe its a gathering of different parts. "AA" to ya ---bert
Downunder Rob
Model Year: 1930

wood wheels

Post by Downunder Rob »

Tony
could you please send me some pics and i will tell you if they are the same or similar to the Canadian trucks that were sent to Australia.
our trucks had wood spokes up till about 1930