Who has a Doodlebug?

AA Ford Discussion Group relating to the repair and restoration of your AA Ford.
johnnydidd
Body Type: AA
Model Year: 1928

Who has a Doodlebug?

Post by johnnydidd »

I would love to see pictures of other Doodlebugs i would like see what they look like, every once in a while someone says something about their Doodlebug, but nobody posts a picture. Thanks John
Brady
Body Type: None
Model Year: 1930

Re: Who has a Doodlebug?

Post by Brady »

Hello John: If you haven't already, look in the "Clubhouse" section of this site. Also, click on Brady, and it will show a profile - click on "First attempt to post photos - You could also go to yahoo, hit flickr, and type: < 31132 sets > in the search box. It took me two days to look at 'em all. I hope your project is going along good, and gives you much enjoyment. Good luck, fb
Brady
Body Type: None

Post by Brady »

johnnydidd wrote:I would love to see pictures of other Doodlebugs i would like see what they look like, every once in a while someone says something about their Doodlebug, but nobody posts a picture. Thanks John

How much would ya love it...? If you have followed through on any of the suggestions for seeing more doodlebugs, you might have the coutrtesy to respond. "Doodlebug" is a term that has been applied to many different things, but what is real, is the deeply rooted hardships of the country's agricultural depression and the need to "make do" with some thing affordable, just to provide a living for one's family.

It's Model A and AA, because those were the only machines made with the quality to keep on being of service when everything was worn out twice. When people were living on Hoover's Pig Feed during the depression, the doodlebug tractor was in very many cases - the providing source of agricultural power, and the saving grace to prevent starvation.

This is a great board, and it's all about helping each other and feedback. Mike has graciously made room for everybody with Model A/AA in their heart and FORD in their mind. You have a real nice buggy, and I suggest that you do your utmost to understand it and it's history before changing it into a belly-button street rod. Depth of carcharacter and gravity of purpose should be the guiding force to your endeavors.
johnnydidd

Post by johnnydidd »

Brady, the reason I havn't posted a reply, was your remark, I posted on the wrong forum, so I thgought I should keep my mouth shut on this site about Doodlebugs.

I grew up during WWII, it still wasn't as bad as the depreciation, but it was rough clear into the fifties and sixties on the farm, which we still own, Dad was ill for several years and my Mom and oldest brother did the farming, we all helped, I was too young at the time to be of much good. The Highway Dept used Doodlebugs for mowing along the highways and they intreged me. Until I saw The Doodlebug for sale I had forgot about Doodlebugs, and it took me back to my youth and the Model A Ford we grew up with.

I have explored many differant ways to change the Doodlebug but decided to keep it as is.

I think we all have reasons for being the way we are and think the way we do.

John

Post by 731132 »

Here are three links to Doodlebugs and homemade tractors on Flickr.com.

Homemade tractors from USA.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/32687125@N ... 692069451/
Homemade tractors from Sweden.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/32687125@N ... 194116626/
Homemade tractors from other countrys than those above.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/32687125@N ... 340347219/
miner art
Body Type: AA flt.BD.82a
Model Year: 1929

Post by miner art »

There you go! See any that look alike? My first time with one,Had two tranys talk about LOW gear!!
Thank's for the link's!!
Roadster AA
Body Type: 82A

Post by Roadster AA »

Hello miner art,
I like the looks of the picture that you have in your name box. Is that your truck?
I like the color. I would really like to see some pictures of it .I am getting ready to paint mine and I am still not sure of what color.
May go with the green but liked the looks of yours.
Thanks
Pat
johnnydidd

Post by johnnydidd »

Thanks for all for the sites, They are fun to look at. John
miner art
Body Type: AA flt.BD.82a
Model Year: 1929

Post by miner art »

Roadster AA wrote:Hello miner art,
I like the looks of the picture that you have in your name box. Is that your truck?
I like the color. I would really like to see some pictures of it .I am getting ready to paint mine and I am still not sure of what color.
May go with the green but liked the looks of yours.
Thanks
Pat
Pat,couldn't find your E mail in the profile,send your E mail to me,and i will send some photo's.
rtglockler3@gmail.com