Rear Spring eye bushing

AA Ford Discussion Group relating to the repair and restoration of your AA Ford.
mikeg
Site Admin
Body Type: 150B
Model Year: 1930

Rear Spring eye bushing

Post by mikeg »

Trying to locate the proper bushing for the rear spring eye. I keep seeing AA-5791 which comes in two pieces and fits the shackles, but there is a one piece bushing that should go in there (at least that is what I peeled out.)

This is a picture of the front eye of the rear spring, one has the bushing the other doesn't.
Richard Kinney

aa spring eye bushing

Post by Richard Kinney »

mike i am far from an expert, but i'll tell you what i can . my frame is a 30, 131 wb. upon dissasembly i found it to have the two piece bushings and that makes sense to allow the grease to enter the pivot where the two halves are seperated. in my misc. bushing collettion i found two bushings i can use with the perfect od/id. theyare about1/8th or 3/16ths shorter than the spring eye itself so when i cut them in half to make an inner and outer half, there is the opening in the middle for the grease to enter. the bushings i found in my misc. are new and have the following print embossed in them:BUNTING, made in u.s.a., P100-16, I eagerly dove back into my misc. bushings to find you a pair but have no more. I hope you can take the part numbers to a bearing supplier and match them up cause they are the perfect fit. if you do find a 1 piece part, think about how the grease will get inside? Best of luck in your quest, Dick Kinney.
mikeg
Site Admin
Body Type: 150B

Re: aa spring eye bushing

Post by mikeg »

Richard Kinney wrote:mike i am far from an expert, but i'll tell you what i can . my frame is a 30, 131 wb. upon dissasembly i found it to have the two piece bushings and that makes sense to allow the grease to enter the pivot where the two halves are seperated. in my misc. bushing collettion i found two bushings i can use with the perfect od/id. theyare about1/8th or 3/16ths shorter than the spring eye itself so when i cut them in half to make an inner and outer half, there is the opening in the middle for the grease to enter. the bushings i found in my misc. are new and have the following print embossed in them:BUNTING, made in u.s.a., P100-16, I eagerly dove back into my misc. bushings to find you a pair but have no more. I hope you can take the part numbers to a bearing supplier and match them up cause they are the perfect fit. if you do find a 1 piece part, think about how the grease will get inside? Best of luck in your quest, Dick Kinney.
Hi Dick,

Thanks for the post, I thought I had found the proper bushing from synders but they sent me the two piece unit (which is the same as the hanger bushings) I guess this is a two piece operation now. Which I have 6 sets! argh!

Synders part number AA-5791 and AA5781-SP are the same part, in fact the little paper instruction sheet is the same for both even though the outer package has the SP suffix.

OH, by the way, your "kinney912@up.net" email bounces, I've gotten a number of bounced messages from other members replying to your forum posts. I see you have a Yahoo IM profile setup, maybe chaning your email address to the yahoo account will fix that.

Thanks for the effort on the bushings, I'm going to just stick the two halves in there and move on with the project. :?