20 inch budd wheels

AA Ford Discussion Group relating to the repair and restoration of your AA Ford.
Dandelion
Model Year: 1930

20 inch budd wheels

Post by Dandelion »

Hi All,

I recently purchased a fab 1929 Model AA truck on ebay and have had it shipped over to the UK to restore. It now needs three 20 inch steel dual budd wheels to complete - does anyone have any ideas where I can locate either originals or repro parts like this from? Have tried the usual places like Mac's Auto parts, Sacremento Vintage Ford etc ... Anyone has any ideas would be much apprecaited. Also needs to be someone willing to ship over to the UK.

Can't wait to finish my baby and get her up and running on the road!

Thanks a million for any help given.... :P
Neil Wilson
Body Type: 82-A/89-A

Post by Neil Wilson »

Dandelion,
I have some '29 AA wheels with six spokes to sell. But, do you actually have a '29 AA or is it an early '30 AA. These AA's have a '29 cab and sheet metal but a '30 chassis with five spoke (5 hole) wheels.

You can send me an e-mail at wilsmor@juno.com for further information.
Regards, Neil Wilson

Post by Dandelion »

Fabulous - thanks Neil - have sent you an email to your address along with a photo of the wheels we need to replace. Would be fab if I can get replacements so quickly - thought this might end up being a long term project and something that would take ages to source - fingers crossed!

|A delighted Dandelion

:P
Dandelion

Post by Dandelion »

Slight update on the wheels needed - apparently what I have are 31-33 wheels, (though the cab is a 29 style)which have reinforcement ridges - see attached photo - if anyone has them out there would be delighted to take them off your hands - ideally need three rear wheels.
Attachments
TRUCKWheel1.jpg
TRUCKWheel1.jpg (45.55 KiB) Viewed 3722 times