tires

AA Ford Discussion Group relating to the repair and restoration of your AA Ford.
cayager
Body Type: aa
Model Year: 1930

tires

Post by cayager »

im sure this has been beaten to death, but what tires are you guys running. i need 600x 20. i have 3 lucas tired that are new and 1 is shot. im adding duals, so i need to but 3 more.can you still get lucas tires? if not ill have to buy 6 matching of another brand. thanks chris
spdway1

Re: tires

Post by spdway1 »

Tires are expen$ive. :wink:

www.lucasclassictires.com
TomH
Body Type: pickup
Model Year: 1928

Post by TomH »

Couldn't you just buy 3 more of the Lucas, like you have now?
Tom H
Need rear fenders and running boards for 1932 131" single wheel Express Body
cayager

Post by cayager »

well the guy at lucas tire in ohio says denman was making lucas tires for them but have gone out of business about a year ago, so it looks like an expensive day coming up. maybe i could buy 4 and use 2 different treads. maybe the two fronts or the insides on the duals
Chris Haynes
Body Type: 82A

Post by Chris Haynes »

the tires on your duals must be exactly the same size.
rollingsculpture
Body Type: platform
Model Year: 1931

Post by rollingsculpture »

denmans out of business?
Jared275
Body Type: dUMP

Post by Jared275 »

cayager,
Where are you located? I may be interested in lessoning you $$ hit by buying your used tires. I will not be running duals so it may work out for both of us.
Regards,
Jared
cayager

Post by cayager »

im pretty sure the guy at lucas tire told me denman made tires for lucas and was out of business. to the other question im in mass. there are only 3 new tires and one old one thanks chris
flatford39
Body Type: Express

Post by flatford39 »

rollingsculpture wrote:denmans out of business?
I bought a set of Denmans thru Universal Tire about a year ago. I think that someone like Coker possibly bought the dies and is still producing them. Where??? I have no idea.
vtwinsideways
Body Type: 82-A, 88-A
Model Year: 1929

Post by vtwinsideways »

Denman went belly up over a year ago. Coker tried unsucessfully to buy their antique tire line. Looks like Specialty Tires of America got it and are making the STA Transport Highway Tread 10 Ply in 750-20 so far. They look just like the Denman Highway 10 ply 750-20's we bought a year ago. Coker sells them, but I have not seen anything of the smaller sizes from them yet and I can't find anything about them on STA's website either. Oh and OUCH are they $$$PRICEY$$$ $316.00 each!!! The old Denmans were half of that. Looks like Coker is still listing the 14 ply Denman Highway 750-20's for $250.00. Too bad they are only good for rear singles. Luke
"I get all my exercise jumping to conclusions."
Luke in Illinois
flatford39
Body Type: Express

Post by flatford39 »

vtwinsideways wrote:Denman went belly up over a year ago. Coker tried unsucessfully to buy their antique tire line. Looks like Specialty Tires of America got it and are making the STA Transport Highway Tread 10 Ply in 750-20 so far. They look just like the Denman Highway 10 ply 750-20's we bought a year ago. Coker sells them, but I have not seen anything of the smaller sizes from them yet and I can't find anything about them on STA's website either. Oh and OUCH are they $$$PRICEY$$$ $316.00 each!!! The old Denmans were half of that. Looks like Coker is still listing the 14 ply Denman Highway 750-20's for $250.00. Too bad they are only good for rear singles. Luke
Wow...I bought mine just in the nick of time. They were like $120.00 each.