Tires

AA Ford Discussion Group relating to the repair and restoration of your AA Ford.
AAholic
Body Type: 82-B
Model Year: 1931

Tires

Post by AAholic »

Gentleman, Are any of you using bf goodrich tires on your double A's? Just wondering how they compare to the Denmans in looks and performance.
gunmetal
Body Type: 188-A
Model Year: 1929

Re: Tires

Post by gunmetal »

Don't know but mine have bf tire I hope they are good my truck is in pieces so it will be a time before I know.
AAholic
Body Type: 82-B

Post by AAholic »

I hope they're good and that you'll have them on the road soon, are you doing a full restoration? I've always had denman tires but as they are no longer being produced I wonder what the best alternative is. BF goodrich, US Royals, Firestones or what?
me0418840987
Body Type: packers express

Post by me0418840987 »

My father put a full set of 7 Lucas 600-20 on in 1972, and they are now just starting to weather check. They are decent in the snow when I move the truck from the storage garage to the heated shop when I work on her in the winter. I will be calling lucas for pricing in the spring, at least to get 4 so the outer duals and fronts look good.
vtwinsideways
Body Type: 82-A, 88-A

Post by vtwinsideways »

me0418840987 wrote:My father put a full set of 7 Lucas 600-20 on in 1972, and they are now just starting to weather check. They are decent in the snow when I move the truck from the storage garage to the heated shop when I work on her in the winter. I will be calling lucas for pricing in the spring, at least to get 4 so the outer duals and fronts look good.
As far as I can tell, the Lucas 600-20's were being produced by Denman as well. I called Lucas before Christmas and neither warehouse has any 600-20's left. It looks as though Specialty Tires of America (STA) is now producing some of Denmans old lines (Highway 750-20 10-ply). I talked To someone at Coker before Christmas also and they said that they think there will be more to come. As a side note, they said they will not have any 750-20's until late January and that they will also not have any Firestone Blackwall 600-20's until late January (coincidence???) Luke
"I get all my exercise jumping to conclusions."
Luke in Illinois
cayager
Body Type: aa
Model Year: 1930

Post by cayager »

im in the same boat looking for tires. i bought an aa with 3 like new lucas tires and 1 bad tire. im adding duals so i figured buy 3 lucas tires right? wrong lucas is dead no more tires. if i could find one more id put 4 of those in the rear and add 2 steering treads to the front. but it looks like ill have to spend big money and buy 6 matching treads. if anybody has 1 lucas tire id be interested, or if anybody needs lucas tires id sell the 3 i have and buy 6 new ones chris
macswoods
Body Type: 82-A

Post by macswoods »

cayager; how much for those 3 tires ? where are you , for shipping . Mac...
cayager
Body Type: aa
Model Year: 1930

Post by cayager »

id like to get $100 each for them or offers? they are 600 x 20 . im in feeding hills mass 01030
Fairmont
Body Type: stake
Model Year: 1928

Post by Fairmont »

Sacramento Vintage Ford 600x20 $162 ea (Denmans) Tubes, $32 ea. Firestones and Goodrich $174 ea 1-888-ford-100 said they have them in stock.
spdway1

Post by spdway1 »

cayager wrote:id like to get $100 each for them or offers? they are 600 x 20 . im in feeding hills mass 01030
Feeding Hills...Got cows? :P
vtwinsideways

Post by vtwinsideways »

Sacramento Vintage Speed has none and will be getting none. I just called them. The lady indicated that someone had 2 on backorder and that they would have to tell the customer about the situation. Luke
Luke in Illinois
Fairmont

Post by Fairmont »

Luke, spoke to Dave at Sacramento Vintage Ford this am. He said he had two Firestones on the shelf for $172 ea. The Denmans he was out of, but could have them drop shipped to your door with an accurate time line when placing an order. He told me that he couldn't foresee any problems in acquiring rubber for the AA's if the AA community was in need of a source he would do what he could to make it happen. Again, that was Dave @ Sac Vin Ford. Bruce
vtwinsideways

Post by vtwinsideways »

I should have been clearer in my post, I was speaking of the Denmans. Well, I didn't get her name, but at about 4PM central the gal taking orders said they were not going to be getting anymore Denmans. This is due to the fact that Denman no longer exists. The Firestones have been available again since late January from Coker and others. Luke
Luke in Illinois
vtwinsideways

Post by vtwinsideways »

Some suppliers still have limited quantities of the 750-20 Denmans, but it appears that Specialty Tire of America has ended up with what was left of Denmans truck line and are only producing limited models. So far all that I have seen that they are offering is the STA Transport Highway Tread-750-20 at over $300 per, looking much like the old Denman Highway with different branding. Luke
Luke in Illinois
Fairmont

Post by Fairmont »

Found an old post and it mentioned Summit Racing and sure enough, went on there website tonight ( didn't speak to anyone in person ) and they have in stock 600, 650 and 700-20's for $175 ea give or take. I'll make a couple calls at lunch Sat. Bruce.