Why join FMAATC?

AA Ford Discussion Group relating to the repair and restoration of your AA Ford.
caserider
Body Type: AA
Model Year: 1929

Why join FMAATC?

Post by caserider »

I usually don't join clubs, but felt like FMAATC was something I wanted to support. So a couple weeks ago I ponied up the $ and sent in the membership form. I hope the fee goes to good use!

Anybody else recently joined or renewed their membership? Why did you join/renew? Anybody on the fence about joining? What is keeping you from joining? I also know there a plenty of people who will not join. (I am usually one of those guys.) Why don't you want to join?
Chris Haynes
Body Type: 82A
Model Year: 1930

Re: Why join FMAATC?

Post by Chris Haynes »

I join to support the club and Neil. He does a hell of a lot of work, draws outlines of parts and is a fountain of information. His yearly magazine is great. I just wish it was monthly. :D
Neil Wilson
Body Type: 82-A/89-A

Post by Neil Wilson »

FYI - the start up membership for the club is $18. This gets you the current year's newsletter plus you are paid for the upcoming year. Renewal dues are $9.00 after that (currently).

Just a thought - The cost of the newsletter for 2011 was $8.47 for a 32 page newsletter with mostly technical information. So, for $18 one can join to get the first two newsletters. If newsletters are not worth the $9.00 each to you, then simply don't renew :) .
Regards, Neil Wilson
Mike in Maine
Body Type: 82B
Model Year: 1931

Post by Mike in Maine »

I joined because I have an AA Ford TRUCK. I wanted to belong to a very special and unique club, which this club is. If you want info on an AA you wouldn't go to an A club. The AA is a special vintage vehicle and rather uncommon compared to the A. I look forward to the newsletter and generally get something out of it that is not easily available elsewhere. I find it well worth the $$$$. That is my view. Mike
elfox
Body Type: 88-A

Post by elfox »

Well said Mike!
Dave
Port Orchard, WA
Roadster AA
Body Type: 82A
Model Year: 1928

Post by Roadster AA »

I have been a member for about 5 years. I use the Forum at least once a week. I get answers to any question i ask.
If i use the Forum then i should pay dues. I get my moneys wourth.
Everyone that uses the Forum should join.

AA ALL THE WAY!!!!
Pat
mikeg
Site Admin
Body Type: 150B

Post by mikeg »

I joined a while back and purchased every back issue of the newsletter, money well spent IMO. There is no fee to join or use the forums though and I think both the newsletter and forums compliment each other very well.

Even though my truck restoration project has been on hold for the last 8 years, I still have the truck and will be moving it into my new shop this summer. I'm hoping to have the body work done in the fall and eventually back on the road the following spring.

Oh, and I just realized that on Jan 15th 2003 this forum was started, that was 9 years ago!
abrahamseven
Body Type: Flat Bed

Post by abrahamseven »

I bought my AA a couple of months ago and found this AA Forum and from this forum I learned about FMAATC. I enjoy conversing with fellow AA owners and discussing their AA experience, the FMAATC has a wealth of technical and other information on the AA . That is why I joined and also to support this forum. I think we are very luck to have the likes of Neil and the other Well informed fellows on this forum. That's my 2 Lincolns

steve
Vermont Roofer
Body Type: Model AA
Model Year: 1931

Post by Vermont Roofer »

Ok guys now the tough question..You got me sold on this..how do you join?
flatford39
Body Type: Express
Model Year: 1928

Post by flatford39 »

Vermont Roofer wrote:Ok guys now the tough question..You got me sold on this..how do you join?
Scroll up the page back to Neil's post and there is a link there.
Neil Wilson
Body Type: 82-A/89-A

Post by Neil Wilson »

FYI - go to www.fmaatc.org and click on the JOIN FMAATC button. You can then click on PDF Format to give you the membership form for signing up.
Regards, Neil Wilson